Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: US Census jobs: anyone hear anything?

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Salmissra View post
    You had the short form. I don't know anyone who got the long form - anyone here? Our short form took mere minutes to fill in. With no kids, there's just not a lot to write in.
    From what I understand, the long form no longer exists. They are relying exclusively on the American Community Survey to provide the long-form data. Basically, they are sacrificing a little bit of accuracy in order to update the long-form descriptive information every 2-3 years. I believe they have funding so that the ACS will address all CDPs rather than just those of a certain size.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Just got off the phone with a census hirer. Looks like I'll start training at the end of the month. When I had originally replied they said they would call early March but I guess that wasn't too accurate.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 27 Mar 2013, 11:52 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last post: 22 Jan 2009, 12:30 AM
  3. Can I hear a Halleluiah?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 21 Sep 2004, 12:55 PM
  4. Replies: 2