Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Land use map, step by step?

Registered
    Sep 2008

Land use map, step by step?

Hi all, I will soon be revising and updating a Land Use Map, including existing conditions and future land use recommendations.This will be my first experience with it; all my previous experience has been with development review.

I have an undergraduate degree in Planning, but am wondering if anyone knows of good "step by step" guides to help me brainstorm? Preferably online resources, as my budget is tight.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    We used the property appraiser's records integrated into our GIS to create the existing land use map. Your future land use map, that's a whole different story based on community input, visioning, public meetings, etc.

Registered
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    We used the property appraiser's records integrated into our GIS to create the existing land use map.
    Yes, this is the standard. Easily done.

Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    Your future land use map, that's a whole different story based on community input, visioning, public meetings, etc.
    That is: the need for depicting future land use recommendations is met on a different map. If you have done the work and done the meetings, the easiest way to render this is either to 'save as' the current LU map and then select the parcels that have changed and make a new layer, or to redraw from scratch, selecting all the parcels for each FLUM category. .

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Recent grad - next step?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 27 Oct 2011, 6:30 PM
  2. Step Parents
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 10
    Last post: 14 May 2010, 8:54 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last post: 19 Feb 2005, 9:14 PM