Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Shanghai urban planning interships

Registered
    Mar 2010

Shanghai urban planning interships

Hi, I've never posted on this site before but have been reading it for a while. I'm an undergraduate at UAlbany in Urban Planning. I'm currently doing study abroad in Shanghai's Fudan University. I was wondering if anybody knew of any internships for undergrads. I know this city is currently the Planning center of the world, they even have a Planning museum, so there has got to be something I could with my time here.
    thanks

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by duyuesheng View post
    Hi, I've never posted on this site before but have been reading it for a while. I'm an undergraduate at UAlbany in Urban Planning. I'm currently doing study abroad in Shanghai's Fudan University. I was wondering if anybody knew of any internships for undergrads. I know this city is currently the Planning center of the world, they even have a Planning museum, so there has got to be something I could with my time here.
    thanks
    Oh, wow, this city made me want to study urban planning in the first place! I love that museum -- that scaled down model is breathtaking. I suggest you send out a lot of resumes to English-speaking firms (unless you speak fluent Chinese as well) and then offer to work for free. It's China, so I imagine very few coordinated, concerted opportunities for finding good internships. And perhaps you could find some volunteer jobs at the expo that's about to begin?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    I'd love to find an planning internship in Shanghai as well. But planning in China seems to be mostly about design. I am more on the policy side, so the chance might be slim...

I think there are many international architecture/urban design firms in Shanghai. Like OMA. and domestic firms, like Urbanus. Do they have office in Shanghai?

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Good, I will get on that right now. I think near Tongji University there are many firms since that is the top planning/architecture college here.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Seeking interships and a question
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 25 Nov 2013, 3:07 PM
  2. Circular bridge in Shanghai
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 16 Jan 2013, 11:28 AM
  3. When to remove interships from resume
    Career Development and Advice