Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Stupid drunk things

Registered
    Jul 2002

Stupid drunk things

Now, I've imbibed to excess on occasion, and did stupid things, but nothing can compare with this.
    http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/89280977.html

Registered
    May 2005
    Another example of drunken excellence - watch this drunk Frenchman open a wine bottle without a cork. Watch it all the way to the end - you wont be disappointed. Awesome!
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    Mar 2010
    i HAVE got to try that!

drunk or not?

For the truely bored, check out Drunk or Not

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by P1nr_Bill View post
    For the truely bored, check out Drunk or Not
    Warning: NSFW

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by wahday View post
    Another example of drunken excellence - watch this drunk Frenchman open a wine bottle without a cork. Watch it all the way to the end - you wont be disappointed. Awesome!
    That was cool! For stupidity or just fun laughing www.textsfromlastnight.com
    It's only text but sometimes questionable so peruse it at home.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2002
    When I saw the title, I thought maybe this was going to be The PWI Thread.

Registered
    Feb 1998
    I do not recall ever doing any stupid things. But my wife often tells me.

Registered
    May 2005
    Me - Ages 18 through 21
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    When I saw the title, I thought maybe this was going to be The PWI Thread.
    I could swear there used to be a PWI thread.

http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showt...highlight=HEID
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Unfortunately, drunken opossum abuse seems to be a growing problem here in western Pennsylvania. The (no-longer available on-line) story below recounts another recent incident where a friend of mine was the arresting officer:

WAYNESBURG - A Carmichaels man was arrested after he fought with police who had taken him to the hospital for treatment of bites he suffered in an earlier "fight" with an opossum.

Kevin A. Temple, 41, was arrested following an incident at 1:50 a.m. Aug. 10 on West High Street in Waynesburg, Waynesburg Borough police said Temple was observed by police walking on the sidewalk holding a live opossum by the tail.

He told police he had gotten into a fight with the animal and it had bitten him on the hand. Temple then proceeded to slam the opossum on the sidewalk, killing it.
    Police said Temple was intoxicated. They took him to Southwest Regional Medical Center in Waynesburg to receive medical treatment for bites to his hand.

At the hospital, police said, Temple fought with them and they eventually had to Taser him before they could restrain him. Temple was charged with resisting arrest, public drunkenness and disorderly conduct.

We shouldn't roll over and play dead to the seriousness of this problem. We should get the word out that opossums and alcohol just don't mix.

Registered
    May 2004
    I was going to put this in the stupid people thread but I think the stupid drunk thread seems more appropriate.

Authorities say a New York man appearing before a judge on a felony drunken driving charge arrived at court an hour and a half late, drunk and carrying an open can of Busch beer.
    I'm guessing the judge was impressed.

http://www.komonews.com/news/offbeat...&if_height=173
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I was informed that I tried to use a cocoanut as a football once, but I have no personal recall of the event. So glad they didn't have YouTube when I was in college.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Tom R View post
    Now, I've imbibed to excess on occasion, and did stupid things, but nothing can compare with this.
    Maybe he confused it with Phil? He was really just doing a public service... what would we do without Phil?

I think we should award this man something.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Nov 2009
    What oddly perfect timing for this thread. On my way to work this morning I witnessed a Grade A Walk of Shame. The woman was in her mid-to-late twenties. It was 7:30am and she was walking down the sidewalk in a coral and beige sequenced cocktail dress, barefoot, with clutch and heels in hand, hair slightly disheveled and pulled into a bun, no makeup and very sleepy eyes. Classic!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Me - Ages 18 through 21
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    So glad they didn't have YouTube when I was in college.
    Yeah...I'm amazed I survived my undergraduate years.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    What oddly perfect timing for this thread. On my way to work this morning I witnessed a Grade A Walk of Shame. The woman was in her mid-to-late twenties. It was 7:30am and she was walking down the sidewalk in a coral and beige sequenced cocktail dress, barefoot, with clutch and heels in hand, hair slightly disheveled and pulled into a bun, no makeup and very sleepy eyes. Classic!
    One fine Sunday morning (after homecoming) a group of students (including myself) brought a large makeshift board with us to the quad. We called it the "Shacker-Board!" And would put up a new tally and shout and cheer everytime an unsuspecting victim was making the walk of shame. We thought it was hilarious. Needless to say, none of us got any action that weekend
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Registered
    Aug 2005

Not that I would know...

Walk of shames are difficult when your victim lives in NYC and you live on Long Island.

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by HomerJ9139 View post
    One fine Sunday morning (after homecoming) a group of students (including myself) brought a large makeshift board with us to the quad. We called it the "Shacker-Board!" And would put up a new tally and shout and cheer everytime an unsuspecting victim was making the walk of shame. We thought it was hilarious. Needless to say, none of us got any action that weekend
    What is it called when its a dude doing the walk?

Edit: Er... I mean. BRRRaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssssssssssss!!!!
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Walk of shames are difficult when your victim lives in NYC and you live on Long Island.
    I knew I liked you Dandy. Respect.

ps. Careful with the victim usage around here with all the zombie talk and what not
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Tom R View post
    Oh sure you laugh, but don't you know that according to legend if you revive a dead possum in Punxsutawny, everyone gets a bitchin' summer.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    Oh sure you laugh, but don't you know that according to legend if you revive a dead possum in Punxsutawny, everyone gets a bitchin' summer.
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/oh-...y-is-it,11371/

Possibly the greatest onion article ever?
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Does "getting married" count?

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Bear Up North View post
    Does "getting married" count?
    Which wife ?