Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Olympic Disappointments

Registered
    Feb 2004

Olympic Disappointments

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic....html?cat1=CAN

Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed Kristina Groves only got a bronze in the ladies 3000 m speedskating? What are your great olympic disappointments?
    Last edited by Maister; 01 Apr 2010 at 8:29 AM.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Sidney Crosby is deservedly a national hero, but to be honest I thought the biggest olympic disappointment for me was Canada's initial embarassing loss to the US in men's hockey.
    Canada is a place of infinite promise. We like the people, and if one ever had to emigrate, this would be the destination, not the U.S.A. The hills, lakes and forests make it a place of peace and repose of the mind, such as one never finds in the U.S.A.
    -- John Maynard Keynes

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I am proud we won the most golds... and that we did showcase Vancouver well, eh. But I am extremely disappointed that we did so poorly in downhill and curling...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 2007
    When you consider the medal count per capita, the United States only got 37 medals, or one medal for every 8,350,833 residents, while Canada got 26 medals, or one medal for every 1,281,207 residents. Canada got 6.5 times as many medals per resident than the United States, and for that I'm quite proud.
    Canada is a place of infinite promise. We like the people, and if one ever had to emigrate, this would be the destination, not the U.S.A. The hills, lakes and forests make it a place of peace and repose of the mind, such as one never finds in the U.S.A.
    -- John Maynard Keynes

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Olympic Sports They Should Add
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 23 May 2012, 8:23 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last post: 22 Feb 2010, 1:26 PM
  3. Replies: 55
    Last post: 07 Oct 2009, 7:42 PM
  4. Olympic Year Sports