Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Anchor's aweigh Ares! Part 2

Cyburbian
    Registered
    May 2013

Anchor's aweigh Ares! Part 2

I have only 5 weeks to go til I ship out to boot camp. Can't wait to begin earning my qualifications and start taking classes towards a dual master's degree (MPA/MPH or MUP/MPH) once I qualify for Tuition Assistance. I plan to shoot for the medical officer program after I obtain the dual degree (with the MPH qualifying me). I'm considering the MUP just in case I ever want to become a planner working in public health when I get out.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Good luck! Keep us in the loop when you can. We like to hear about success stories!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I agree with Hink. Especially once you make it out to the fleet - I'd love to see pictures of whatever ships you are on and whatever ports of call you get to make.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Yes! Pictures! Just remember as much as we also enjoy pictures of what happens on shore leave, as a past sailor I recommend no pictures of that since it may have an effect on someone's marriage.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by dvdneal View post
    Yes! Pictures! Just remember as much as we also enjoy pictures of what happens on shore leave, as a past sailor I recommend no pictures of that since it may have an effect on someone's marriage.
    Ha! A few months ago my wife found an old box of pictures I had forgotten about in a drawer in the den and I was like OJ leaping over stuff in the airport trying to get to those pictures before she could make it all the way through them.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Cyburbian
    Registered
    May 2013
    I will definitely keep you guys posted and post some pictures. I may even post a few of myself.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Anchors aweigh Ares!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 62
    Last post: 19 Sep 2013, 4:28 PM
  2. The Inquisition: Ares
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 24
    Last post: 13 Sep 2013, 10:15 AM
  3. Part 4
    Make No Small Plans