Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Cornell: Class of 2012

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2010

Cornell: Class of 2012

Now that most of us have made our decisions for the upcoming year, it would be nice to know who our colleagues will be. Also, this thread might be helpful in organizing housing needs or any other logistical questions.

I'll start.

I'm Martin; I'm from L.A.; Looking forward to doing a 180 location-wise and try out the snow! Also, might be looking for some roommates-- let me know if you're in the same boat.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Hey Martin, thanks for opening up this thread. I'm Viktor, currently in Hong Kong. International student here.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010
    Hey everybody. I'm Ryan (currently in Minneapolis, grew up in Atlanta, born in Chicago).

There's a facebook group for class of '12 masters students (and PhD students starting this fall too) now:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=114620705228102

You can't join until you have a Cornell e-mail address but if you don't you probably will in a matter of days.

Also, I might as well mention that I'm still looking for possible roommates-- if you are too, please send me a private message!

I'm Cristen, live in NYC. This still feels surreal since I've yet to acquire the funds to go to school... :p

Registered
    Aug 2009
    I'm Danny, I live in Boston but I'm originally from a couple hours north of Ithaca. Also don't know how I plan on paying for any of this.

Registered
    Apr 2010

hell o

hi! my name is amy. i am from bordeaux i can't wait to be in ithaca for the nice weather!
    i am doing the environmental planning concentration! is anyone doing this as well?
    Last edited by amityamity; 27 Apr 2010 at 2:51 PM. Reason: added more

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2010
    Hi guys - I'm no longer going to Cornell in the fall (long story), but I have a 3-bedroom apartment available that is as close to Sibley as you can possibly get. The location is amazing, and the free parking is another plus too. This is the place: http://www.ithacastudentapartments.c....php?type=3bdr

Please PM me if you are interested. The rent is about $575 per person. Groups are welcome, so if a few of you have already decided to live together, this could be your place.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

My name's Cymone. I'm really looking forward to start at Cornell next fall. I currently live in Ithaca so if anyone wants general advice on weather, housing, nightlife, etc. feel free to ask.

I'm interested in housing, participatory development and transnational urbanism.

workload

Hi,
    Does anyone have heard anything about the intensity of workload from current students? I chose Cornell over Penn. Penn has the crazy amount of workload for first-year students.....I am wondering how Cornell would fare on the intensity of workload for students.

Any input would be much appreciated!!!!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Hey guys! Are you thinking about what courses to take in the first semester? I am so frustrated. Too many courses that interest me. Hard to make my choice..

Registered
    Aug 2010
    I'm in the progress of completing my application for next year's admission, and am wondering what were your stats (GRE scores, GPA, major) and background (work experience, internships, etc.).

I want to see if I even stand a chance. Thanks in advance.

To all of you who've recently started at Cornell: How is it? Do you have any suggestions for incoming students? Have you encountered problems? Noticed any negative/positive attributes you'd like to share? Do you regret not attending other programs? Lastly, how is the course load?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2010

Cornell First Year

I'm about three weeks from completing the semester and I have to say I'm certain I made the best decision. The courses I'm taking have allowed me to 1) Study the real estate development process (from the top [arguably] RED school in the US), shedding some light on once foreign concepts, 2) Study developments and planning procedures in China 3) Assess a development project currently underway in Mexico with a high profile client, and 4) Examine possible development scenarios for Governor's Island in NYC, once again for another notable client.

The program's resources are astounding. Furthermore, the ambiance is both welcoming and stimulating. It's truly a great place!

Next semester I will be partaking in the Cornell in Rome program where I will be interning with the Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.

The course load is manageable and, more importantly, very engaging.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    OT: I'll be packing up and moving to Ithaca in a month or so. If you see me with my laptop at Gimme' Coffee, stop over and say "hi!".
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. What school? MIT v. Cornell
    Student Commons
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 02 Jul 2013, 5:11 PM
  2. Replies: 51
    Last post: 15 Feb 2013, 8:01 PM
  3. Cornell anyone?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 08 Sep 2008, 7:19 PM