Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: MBA or MSRED

Registered
    Apr 2010

MBA or MSRED

Hey Guys,

I just finished my undergradate degree in political science and now I am wondering what to do next. I am very interested in real estate development, international development, and business. I have looked at different MBA and MSRED programs mainly on the east coast, but I am open to other regions. How do I get started in a career dealing with real estate development/international development? I am interested in both commercial and residential. Any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally posted by livedevlp View post
    Hey Guys,

I just finished my undergradate degree in political science and now I am wondering what to do next. I am very interested in real estate development, international development, and business. I have looked at different MBA and MSRED programs mainly on the east coast, but I am open to other regions. How do I get started in a career dealing with real estate development/international development? I am interested in both commercial and residential. Any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.
    What to do next? Go get experience!

A very good friend at USC Marshall/USC SPPD MRED graduated college in 2005. Worked at CBRE for 3 years, got the experience he needed and did the dual degree.

If you want to go to a top B-school, you need experience. If you want to go to a top M/SRED program, you need experience.

Registered
    Apr 2010
    haha it is that simple! what kind of experience do you recommend? Since it wasn't the career I had planned to enter, I really don't know where to start. Which do you recommend more MBA or MSRED? I don't know if I could handle a dual degree program, but I had heard that USC has an amazing program as does Cornell I think. I know I need the experience, I just don't know what are the most common entry level positions or if I could even get one.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally posted by livedevlp View post
    haha it is that simple! what kind of experience do you recommend? Since it wasn't the career I had planned to enter, I really don't know where to start. Which do you recommend more MBA or MSRED? I don't know if I could handle a dual degree program, but I had heard that USC has an amazing program as does Cornell I think. I know I need the experience, I just don't know what are the most common entry level positions or if I could even get one.
    http://web.mit.edu/cre/students/overview/mba-msred.html

http://www.cbre.com/EN/AboutUs/Pages/Careers.aspx

Good luck!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Real estate/MSRED NYU MSRED
    Student Commons
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 28 Jul 2013, 2:24 AM
  2. What school? MSRED decision - USC vs MIT
    Student Commons
    Replies: 6