Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Parks and Recreation

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2010

Parks and Recreation

Looks like it's been about a year since this show was discussed on the forum. Perhaps it's time for some banter on this hilarious show? It does seem to be getting funnier lately.

Check out the recent "Possum" episode which features, you guessed it, a possum named Fairway Frank.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/133233/par...ion-the-possum

However, there's more to this episode than a rodent and the mayor's task force assigned to kill it. This episode also features an ethical dilemma when the city planner is asked by an employee to approve plans at a property with existing code violations! Whoa. It's the Swanson Code vs. the City Code. Which will prevail?

Enjoy.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    My favorite is the episode where they have to go to the fourth floor for car registration. The line is something like "I don't want to go to the forth floor, the forth floor is creepy."
    It's only funny to me because the fourth floor of my building is the city manger and council offices...creepy.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    We've probably watched a dozen episodes. And I just don't think it's funny. Just my take.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I have said it before, but I enjoy it. It is not something that I watch every week, but I like how they portray small town government, and Indiana (go Ball State!).

Amy Pohler isn't my favorite comedic actress, but I think she does a pretty good job. Also, I enjoy looking at Rashida Jones... isn't that enough reason to watch a show?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. TV Show - Parks and Recreation
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 96
    Last post: 08 May 2009, 5:31 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 16 Jun 2005, 5:09 AM
  3. Parks & Recreation Requirements
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 04 Feb 2004, 7:38 AM