Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Waiting Rooms/Areas

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    The waiting room at the fertility clinic we've just started going to is really, really nice - three separate little areas, nice seating, lighting etc. Considering how much this is going to cost us, it better be nicer than the image stroskey provided!

But, even with the nice digs, the magazine selection is pretty crappy - 6 month to 1 year old current event magazines, copies of lifestyle magazines that come free with the local newspaper. I guess maybe better periodicals or more recent issues just get stolen? I've learned to bring a good book - the wait times make a regular clinic seem like an express service centre.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Bump.
    During a recent visit to Junior's pediatrician, we found they had segregated the waiting area into halves: a 'sick kids' and 'not sick kids' sections. Seems like that should go some ways towards alleviating parents' anxiety from having to sit next to some kid not covering their nose/mouth and spraying snot all over every time they sneeze/cough. I'm surprised they didn't think to do this sooner.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Names of rooms in your house
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 26
    Last post: 24 Nov 2010, 7:55 PM
  2. Brewery tasting rooms
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 11 Feb 2009, 6:54 AM
  3. Replies: 3