Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Cyburbia on your mobile device

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Cyburbia on your mobile device

So, you want to read and post to Cyburbia from your iPhone or Android phone, or other mobile device? Here's how.

1) Visit http://www.cyburbia.mobi to use an easy-to-read mobile theme.

The theme still needs a bit of work. To post a message, you need to quote another message in the thread, and delete the quoted portion. Also, if you visit http://www.cyburbia.mobi using a regular Web browser, you may have to log out and log back in again to return to the normal Cyburbia theme. As a last resort, visit http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/index.php?styleid=59 .

2) Cyburbia is Tapatalk enabled. The Tapatalk app is available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry phones.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Looks the the mobi site is down. I'm posting this on an android and it's a pain.. how's tapatalk and is it free?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I just removed the apps from the Apple and Android app stores.

There were problems with the apps after the vBulletin 4 conversion, and to fix them, I'd have to actually reinstalll vBulletin 3 and restore an old backup of the site to get an "SDK code"; something that's really too much work for apps that never really were that popular. The apps are also kind of expensive; $200 to vBulletin every year, along with Apple and Android developer member costs. The benefits to Cyburbia just aren't worth the high cost, especially when there's better alternatives like Tapatalk.

Tapatalk is great, IMHO.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Sounds good, Dan. I liked the cyburbia app, but found myself just visiting the standard website via the mobile browser more often.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Posting from Tapatalk... I actually like browsing using this app better than browsing on the site itself. Well worth the couple bucks.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    It appears that you can post replies on closed threads on Tapatalk, though (eg Job Board postings)

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 29
    Last post: 11 Aug 2011, 12:36 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last post: 20 Mar 2010, 8:12 AM
  3. Recording device for meetings
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 12 Mar 2010, 8:56 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last post: 12 May 2009, 12:44 PM