Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Methodology of public transit routes

Registered
    May 2010

Methodology of public transit routes

Hellow dear fellows...

I am doing BS (Hons) in Space Science from Department of space science, University of The Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan. .. These days i am working on my final project, named "To Develop a Public Route Transport Adviser using GIS by Using GIS for Lahore city', here i have collected my bus route data through survey, now i am facing problem while defining the methodology of my project, here i have to develop such a network where user will just select its current location and desired location where he want to go, and my network will highlight all those bus routes that connect these two user defined points. Can anyone help me to define the methodology of my project..

Regards

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by waqar_aziz View post
    These days i am working on my final project, named "To Develop a Public Route Transport Adviser using GIS by Using GIS for Lahore city':
    Moderator note:
    Welcome to Cyburbia!

First

2.4 On-topic posts and threads
    Threads should be started in the subforum most appropriate for the topic. Followup posts should remain somewhat on-topic.

For a new topic, start a new thread in the appropriate forum. Please don't post in an unrelated thread.

Second, from the rules:

2.8 Homework
    Specific questions about parts of a homework assignment, and requests for general advice and/or guidance, are permitted. Requests to complete homework assignments are not.

Third, it's been our observation that many new users from India and Pakistan will join Cyburbia only to post schoolwork questions, and then disappear when they get their answers. Thus, members may be reluctant to help you with your assignment.

Moderator note:
    (Dan) 8 June: moved to the Student Lounge forum.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 40
    Last post: 05 Feb 2012, 4:30 PM
  2. Issues facing public transit agencies
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 14 Jun 2007, 10:48 PM
  3. I love public transit but.........
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 49
    Last post: 10 Apr 2006, 9:14 PM