Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Planetizen AICP course: Mac compatible?

Registered
    Jun 2010

Planetizen AICP course: Mac compatible?

Hi all:

I have heard good thing about the Planetizen AICP online course and the accompanying readers and am considering them for my November 2010 exam prep!

One question I have, in addition to your opinions of Planetizen, is does it run on a Mac (OSX 10.5.8)???? Planetizen website says the course requires Windows XP/2000, but is that really true??

thanks

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2005
    I have a macbook and I took the course to prepare for the Nov 2009 exam. As far as I remember, all you need is a browser.

BTW, I didn't get any readers and was fine on the exam. I never would have sat down and read them anyway.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    I want to remind everyone that Mike W's material is copyrighted. He has put a lot of time and effort into creating his material on his own time, and should be properly compensated for that work

How would you feel if you were selling material and then finding out people were getting it for free? Kinda angry huh?

Our site is not a listserv.

Mods... can we either close this thread or inform users of our copyright policies?
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by CPSURaf View post
    I want to remind everyone that Mike W's material is copyrighted. He has put a lot of time and effort into creating his material on his own time, and should be properly compensated for that work

How would you feel if you were selling material and then finding out people were getting it for free? Kinda angry huh?

Our site is not a listserv.

Mods... can we either close this thread or inform users of our copyright policies?
    Moderator note:
    Thanks for pointing this out. We warned folks about offering to freely share Mike Waiczi's materials in this thread. We don't expect users to follow every thread, but we do expect them to use some common sense, and respect this site's rules.

As I wrote earlier, please respect the hard work and intellectual property of others. Consider the irony of pilfering copyrighted materials to help you study for a test with an ethics section. DO NOT USE CYBURBIA AS A VEHICLE TO ILLEGALLY DISTRIBUTE COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS THAT ARE BEING SOLD BY THEIR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS. This includes Planetizen courses and school lists, Mike Waiczis' AICP study materials, and other electronic publications. Do not undermine their source of income, and their incentive to write and publish these materials. Seriously, this shit needs to stop.

Offending posts have been deleted. The mods and I will be contemplating disciplinary action against the offending posters, some of whom apparently joined Cyburbia just to beg for some free study materials.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moderator note:
    Suspensionmallets are being administered. Next time, it will be banhammers.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 47
    Last post: 15 Jun 2010, 9:37 PM
  2. Planetizen AICP course reader wanted
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 22 Jul 2009, 9:18 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 02 Apr 2008, 1:46 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last post: 18 Apr 2007, 8:04 AM