Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: America's Best Small Cities: State by State - Nominations (Canada East)

Registered
    Aug 2001

America's Best Small Cities: State by State - Nominations (Canada East)

Many web sites and magazines do an annual "best of" feature, so why not Cyburbia? My thought is to come up with a list of our favorite small towns. One for each state. The only criteria is population, and I will arbitrarily define a small city as under 25,000. As for the rest, maybe you like it for its layout, its amenities, its downtown, or whatever.

This is a call for nominations. Since there are a lot of states I will break it up into regions. Now for the Canadian States: Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Quebec, and Ontario. I will put all of the nominations together in a survey later.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Amalgamation my skew this a bit. Small towns no longer exist in Ontario.

Amherstburg, ON: Lots of architecture left from War of 1812 including a Fort the Detroit River to keep those rowdy 'merican's off their lawn.

Leamington, ON: Gateway to Point Pelee, one of Canada's National Parks and also home of Heinz of Canada. Leamington is known for tomatoes and greenhouses.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12
    Last post: 26 Aug 2010, 11:32 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 13 Jul 2010, 6:58 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last post: 13 Jul 2010, 6:10 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last post: 29 Jun 2010, 6:55 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last post: 24 Jun 2010, 4:11 PM