Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Cyburbia South

Registered
    Jul 1998

Cyburbia South

Still waiting for three teams to sign up. The Moose Knuckles, Highrises, and the Blues. Please go to Yahoo and sign up soon.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Apr 2006
    The Moose Knuckles are back to defend their championship under the banner of the Monkey Spankers.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Mar 2004

Not bad.....

Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    The Moose Knuckles are back to defend their championship under the banner of the Monkey Spankers.
    PM some other great team names to me.....I'm thinking of making a change
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Here we are a team short again, with no one that seems interested. Anyone have any ideas?
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I guess I will play two teams... Not sure if I can handle one, but I will do two if that is okay with everyone.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 2004

Sure.....

You can play two teams or I can....doesn't matter to me.....
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Feb 2007
    i suggested last year that we have a "bot" team. Yea, someone drafts for them, but set it on "auto-pilot" and let yahoo do the roster for them. Then again, one year (where i gave up on FF due to martial tension/home life) i lost to the bot team. Yea, that was an ego buster.
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I am up for whatever. I will have a hard time with two, as I won't know which one to love more. You know, kinda like having two kids
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Well I signed up. We now have 9 teams. I thought we needed 10? Are we missing someone?

I can get rid of the team I created if we just want to have 8 teams.

Registered
    Aug 1997
    I'll play the 10th team if you need one so no one has to drop out. But everyone knows how good I am at drafting players.
    JOE ILIFF

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Well I am playing two teams, so dropping one doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I would just as soon keep 10 teams. Joe if you can play the team, that would be great! Thanks. Just get signed up on Yahoo and we can get started with keepers. Joe can have his old team back and Hink will get Hotlanta's old team for the second team.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Aug 1997
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    I would just as soon keep 10 teams. Joe if you can play the team, that would be great! Thanks. Just get signed up on Yahoo and we can get started with keepers. Joe can have his old team back and Hink will get Hotlanta's old team for the second team.
    Done. Enter the Gazelle Intensity!!

What do we do next?
    JOE ILIFF

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I'll dig up your final rosters from last year and post them to a "pick your keepers" thread. Once everyone gets their keepers selected we can get started drafting
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jan 2005
    How many do we have left that haven't selected their keepers? Seeing the North all ready to go, gets me wanting to go.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Three teams need to select keepers and we can get going
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I have faith that my fellow managers will make their picks, but what happens if one person misses their deadline then do we wait for the next person, or do we start the clock from then?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 19
    Last post: 04 Sep 2012, 4:17 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last post: 20 Oct 2003, 9:29 AM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last post: 16 Jul 2003, 2:39 PM