Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: UK certification after American undergrad?

UK certification after American undergrad?

I am currently studying for a BA in Urban Studies with a minor in International Relations in the United States, and I'm interested in sustainable development/planning and consulting. I will most likely head back to the UK after finishing undergrad in the US.

I'm interested in doing graduate study in urban planning (focusing on sustainability) in the UK, preferably at UCL or LSE.

I understand, however, that most 1-year master's programs are suitable for people with professional planning degrees and accreditations.

My question is, what should someone educated in the US and looking to do graduate school and planning in the UK do to obtain professional accreditation?

Thanks for your help!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally posted by giraffes View post
    I am currently studying for a BA in Urban Studies with a minor in International Relations in the United States, and I'm interested in sustainable development/planning and consulting. I will most likely head back to the UK after finishing undergrad in the US.

I'm interested in doing graduate study in urban planning (focusing on sustainability) in the UK, preferably at UCL or LSE.

I understand, however, that most 1-year master's programs are suitable for people with professional planning degrees and accreditations.

My question is, what should someone educated in the US and looking to do graduate school and planning in the UK do to obtain professional accreditation?

Thanks for your help!
    Hi there...

You should check out the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) website to see what sort of educational opportunities are available and how you can be a chartered planner. They have a list of accredited programmes and what sort of backgrounds you need to qualify for them.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. CAD certification
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 26 Aug 2010, 11:32 PM
  2. Replies: 48
    Last post: 05 Jun 2005, 5:43 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 18 Jul 2004, 10:24 PM
  4. AICP Certification...
    Make No Small Plans