Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Neverending 'What's Ailing You Now'? Thread

Registered
    May 2004
    I accidentally poked myself in the eye.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    My right shoulder is very sore today. Must have slept on it wrong - yep that must be it.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I have a headache that's making my head feel as though it's going to explode. I'm exhausted from lack of sleep. If I hear voices that wake me up again, the modem gets unplugged. I'm done making adjustments to, and compromises in, my lifestyle. It's a two-way street.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Vertigo for over 2 months now. Never know how long it'll take to get out of bed, whether I'll be able to drive on any given day, etc. Went thru two rounds of meds and the doctor finally sent me to a physical therapist for an epley maneuver, where they manipulate your head to redistribute the crystals in the inner ear. It's got a high success rate and they judged me to be a good candidate. It didn't work. I went back Friday for another. I should know by tomorrow if that one worked. If not, it's back to the therapist Monday to try something different, some set of exercises to do at home over several weeks.

In the meantime, since the first epley on Wednesday, I haven't been able to have caffeine, alcohol, chocolate or nuts, and I'm sleeping
    sitting up in RJ's living room chair, with pillows tucked all around me to keep my head from moving. It takes a long time to get to sleep like that.

Plus, I had to cancel a trip with the kid to central FL this weekend that we'd been planning for several months.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I'm having problems with my sleep cycle. Takes forever for me to fall asleep, and when I do, I struggle to wake up. I also feel the urge to take a nap after dinner.

The backache is mostly gone.

Another member of the household is having some problems, too. Guinness injured his leg at the dog park about a month ago, while chasing another dog. He fell into a small hole, tumbled out, held his paw up, and refused to walk. After being on anti-inflammatory medications for a month, with the swelling reduced, the vet says he's got joint luxation in his right front leg. He's wearing a temporary splint now, and on Tuesday he's going to be fitted for a splint I can easily take off every night.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    This past week I am getting only 5 hrs of sleep a night.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Welcome to my world, but not of my choosing. This situation ends today.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Me too. RT had some late nights due to her architecture projects and since I am the taxi to the train I have to wake up early too. Friday was her last day....now I can sleep for 8 hours and not be amped up on caffeine in the morning.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Still suffering fallout from being overmedicated with sleeping pills in the Spring of 2008. I continue to have to take Seroquel to get any sleep at all.

Even with the drug. I still only get 4.5 to 5 hours sleep a night, but I am getting that same amount of sleep by taking a third as much medication as I did a year ago. I am down to 50mg of Seroquel, but I occasionally have to take a Temazepam to get "catch up" sleep.

Physically, emotionally, and physiologically, I feel worse than ever. July was a horrible month. Sadness and Depression have been replaced by a feeling of "Nothingness". I am never drowsy, just fatigued. I have absolutely no emotions at all, except maybe Anger.

I have now gone almost 2 1/2 years without natural sleep.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I just got stung in the tongue by a bee!
    I left my beer on the back patio 15 minutes ago while I was grilling, I then set the table, took a swig out of the brown beer bottle, didn't see the contents, and felt something funny right as I was getting ready to swallow. I spit it out the foreign object on my dinner plate and there was a little f'ing sweat bee!

This is one for the record books. Damn, my tongue hurts. Not swelling, but F it hurts! I'll bet you've never heard of this happening before.
    Last edited by Maister; 29 Aug 2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: profanity removed. Doesnt hurt (as much) today

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    ^^ It happened to a friend of mine when they were camping when a bee found its way into the soda can. I sat on one while wearing a bathing suit when I was about 13 and it stung me on my right cheek. It was a little embarrassing having to show it to the neighbor guy to get the stinger out. Take some Benadryl.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I found a small mole like looking thing on the left side of my rib cage over the weekend. I don't like the looks of it at all. I have an appointment to see a dermatologist next Monday. I'll also ask him to cut off a couple of skin tags while I'm there. I noticed on their web site they perform lots of different services. Maybe I'll get one of those laser hair removal procedures around my bikini area.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I should not have eaten that old cheese last night. I suffered a bit today and will not go into details.

Saw the dermatologist today about the mole on my rib cage. He said not to worry. They cut it off along with a skin tag by my eye. The skin tag was a little more painful because I asked them not to use anesthesia because it was too close to my eye. I don't want needles anywhere near my eyes. They used a pair of sharp scissors and cut it off.

Finally, you would think some professional courtesy is in order. The doctor was ugly and his face could use some work. A face only a mother could love.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Went to the Dr about another cyst on my back.

Last Fri - Said it was infected, lanced it open, and put a wick in it to drain. Put me on an antibiotic - twice @ day.
    Today Mon - Went in to replace the wick.
    This Fri - scheduled to go back to have the wick removed.

Should I ask him to refer me to a Dermatologist ?
    Oddball

Registered
    May 2005
    Yesterday I finished my round of antibiotics for pneumonia! What a drag. It started as a chest cold and then I spent a good deal of time deep in some nasty allergen-infested weeds which I think created the right conditions for the bacteria to get established. It sucked. For three days I couldn't catch my breath and I could feel the fluid building up but couldn't really get any of it out. My inhaler did nothing.

Still convinced it was a cold, I went ahead with a bike ride on Labor Day - 40 very painful miles after which I came home, collapsed on the bed and fell into chills and aches. And all through this I had no sore throat or fever - things you would associate with a virus. So, I dragged my butt into urgent care and sure enough - I had pneumonia.

Recovery is a pain. I feel pretty fine just sitting, but if I exercise (I went for a short run yesterday) I can really feel how much my lungs were impacted. Plus I still tire easily. But I am SO much better than before. The doctor said most people let it go another week because it just sees like a cold and then its much harder to recover from.

So, don't do that. I don't recommend it.
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I was hacking away at buckthorn in the backyard last week when a branch struck back, hitting me in the eye. The doctor described it as a "moderately large abrasion". Kind of like having sand in your eye for a week. It has healed nicely, but I have to put an antibiotic in four times a day. It has the consistency of vasaline.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The physician's assistant cut the mole off my rib cage last Monday and a skin tag near my left eye. The physician said the mole looks benign then proceeded to zap my left arm in nine locations with liquid nitrogen. The arm is now spotted with scabs. The Bastard.

Long sleeve shirts to work this week.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I just got stung in the tongue by a bee!
    Seems like a honey lager that hasn't been properly filtered.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Seems like a honey lager that hasn't been properly filtered.
    Given the time delay, that joke lost much of its sting.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The biopsy on the mole came back benign. Still have scabs on my arm from the Bastard doctor's liquid nitrogen procedure. But they're looking better.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Went to the Dr about another cyst on my back.
    Refered me to a surgeon Oh Sh!T another cyst - this one under the scar tissue of a previous one that was infected & ruptured open. This is going to hurt don't I know it.
    Oddball

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I don't think I ever fully recovered from breaking my feet last year. Whenever a storm front moves in I can tell because my left foot aches in advance of it. I also lost a good deal of muscle strength and endurance in my legs and never got it back. I noticed I'm sore as heck today after only a relatively short walk and a little gardening this weekend.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Unexpectedly stepped off a curb a couple weeks ago and did something to my left ankle. Some immediate pain but no swelling and I didn't think too much more about it. Now, it's starting to ache all the time but there doesn't seem to be any loss of mobility. May get it x-rayed just as a precaution.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    I've got a Morton's neuroma on my left foot. Basically a growth or swelling in one of nerves in my foot.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    I've got a Morton's neuroma on my left foot. Basically a growth or swelling in one of nerves in my foot.
    Yeouch. I was just reading about those. I've been having some tingling in my left arch and heel and Morton's neuroma came up after a search on foot tingling. Best of luck with that.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING Pet Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 513
    Last post: 12 Sep 2014, 2:09 PM
  2. The NEVERENDING Joy Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 01 May 2013, 10:39 AM
  3. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread