Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Neverending 'What's Ailing You Now'? Thread

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Yeouch. I was just reading about those. I've been having some tingling in my left arch and heel and Morton's neuroma came up after a search on foot tingling. Best of luck with that.
    Thanks and good luck to you as well. Mine is between 3rd and 4th toes. Really, it sounds like nothing serious. I can still work out, it just hurts like a !@#$%^%$$@. Got the x-ray, the shot and bootie and was out the door. The painful part is the coming bill.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    My feet hurt. Got a seed corn that hurts every time I walk. It is a Catch 22. It is hard to find shoes that fit and the shoes I have that do fit are old and hurt my feet.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I took Luke for a long hike at a nearby state park since it is 75 degrees and sunny today. Unfortunately it was also windy. I have a couple hairs that have been blown out of place. I am resigned to taking a shower and then lying down for a short nap this afternoon.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Nov 2006

Fat Cat

Another day of unemployment, get up, make coffee and breakfast for Mrs Katt before she goes to work, take nap, eat lunch, watch Tigers win, take nap. Oh wait a minute, I guess I missed the point

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    The back of my right shoulder hurts. It might be my rotator cuff. It was a very vigorous morning.
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    The back of my right shoulder hurts. It might be my rotator cuff. It was a very vigorous morning.
    He was carrying heavy bottles of wine into the house. Honest.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    He was carrying heavy bottles of wine into the house. Honest.
    I knew there was reason why it wasn't carpal tunnel this time.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    I knew there was reason why it wasn't carpal tunnel this time.
    That comment, and Andy Rooney's eyebrows to the left, creeps me out. I may have to slap him when he wakes up from today's nap #3.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    This is my seventh spring in Florida. It's also the worst I've experienced in my life in terms of pollen and allergies. I finally left work early and on the way home stopped at a pharmacy and got some Zyrtec. What a product!! It works great and worth every penny. In 90-minutes my head was clear, my sinuses dry, and no more coughing up phlegm. Even got a little pool time.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I spent an hour and 45 minutes in the dentist's chair this afternoon getting shot up, ground down and fitted for a crown. That bastard dentist (actually, I like him), couldn't get my tooth numb and gave me so many shots that I lost count. My jaw is sore this afternoon....

Registered
    Dec 2008
    I spent an hour and 45 minutes in the dentist's chair this afternoon getting shot up, ground down and fitted for a crown. That bastard dentist (actually, I like him), couldn't get my tooth numb and gave me so many shots that I lost count. My jaw is sore this afternoon....
    They always have a hard time numbing me, too. Don't they teach how to do that at Dentists School?!? Jeez. I feel your pain. I like to take roughly twice the pain-killer they prescribe, drink a can of coke to thin my blood and then stand in a hot, hot shower. I guarantee a pain-free vaguely cosmic feeling to wash over you during that shower. My religion forbids alcohol, so we come up with our own stuff, you know.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Apart from feeling generally a bit stiff after that long walk yesterday, my left foot is getting occasional stabbing pains where I broke it last year.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Besides it's being monday morning ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Apart from feeling generally a bit stiff after that long walk yesterday, my left foot is getting occasional stabbing pains where I broke it last year.
    Not fun. Have you followed up with the Dr. to make sure it healed correctly?
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Not fun. Have you followed up with the Dr. to make sure it healed correctly?
    Not really. Apart from the occasional twinge of pain when I can tell rain is coming, it hasn't really bothered me much til now.

And I forgot....I also bit my cheek yesterday while eating ice cream. Naturally, because it's swollen I bit it again this morning.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Not really. Apart from the occasional twinge of pain when I can tell rain is coming, it hasn't really bothered me much til now.

And I forgot....I also bit my cheek yesterday while eating ice cream. Naturally, because it's swollen I bit it again this morning.
    Tsk tsk. Go to a dr. and get your foot checked out. Maybe some tendon is still out of whack or something.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Wuss I've had two crowns.... no Novocaine.

I've been with the current doc about 15 years. Have never had it with him.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries

Bronchitis

There is a big wildfire burning in Idaho and the winds are taking it here. There is not a room in the building that doesn't smell like smoke. The air quality has been awful for more than a week and it is worse today than it has been.

That's what's ailing me.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Tsk tsk. Go to a dr. and get your foot checked out. Maybe some tendon is still out of whack or something.
    I had my eight mile race on Saturday and yesterday my foot started hurting, top outside of my right foot. It doesn't hurt unless I walk on it or put weight on it and then it is excrutiating.

The last few months I have been exhausted. Seriously, in bed by 9:30 and can hardly drag myself out of bed in the morning for work. Also have had occasional headaches, and random finger numbness, swollen ankes, and pressure in my chest once in a while. Up until now I just chalked it all up to randomness (heartburn, anxiety, eyesight, etc.). I've been to the dr a few times (nothing related, sinus infection), and my blood pressure has been normal,but I was telling my sister this past weekend and she has me all freaked out about heart issues. A google search didn't help either There is no family history, I am fairly active though could stand to lose 30 pounds, fairly young (38). I have been putting on going to the dr because I'm sure it's nothing and I'll sound like a complete hypochondriac.

Registered
    May 2005
    I had a crown installed over one of my teeth yesterday. The act of drilling out the old filling didn't hurt, but my gums/jaw on the one side is still sore today.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Must be a frontal boundary moving in, I can feel my left foot ache where I broke it last year.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    The blood test for my annual physical revealed I have low thyroid function. No wonder I've become such a slug.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    My neck has been popping, cracking and snapping the last week or so. It doesn't hurt, but I wonder if I need the bones in my neck fused?

Registered
    Sep 1999
    My neck has been popping, cracking and snapping the last week or so. It doesn't hurt, but I wonder if I need the bones in my neck fused?
    And the hip replaced? The knee? What's next, big toes amputated because you get cramps in those?

Registered
    May 2005
    I think I've had a case of turf toe since before Xmas (how it happened is a whole different story). It's gotten better but it still hurts a little after I run. The pain is around the ball of my foot by my big toe.

I've considered a stress fracture, but the pain is not that great.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING Pet Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 502
    Last post: 30 Jul 2014, 1:53 PM
  2. The NEVERENDING Joy Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 01 May 2013, 9:39 AM
  3. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread