Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Neverending 'What's Ailing You Now'? Thread

I think I'm working on getting another sinus infection.. What the heck, it's been a whole 3 months since the last one.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    May 2005
    My tooth that I got a crown on last September is still somewhat sensitive to pressure.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    My tooth that I got a crown on last September is still somewhat sensitive to pressure.
    Mine too. I got it in Nov. and was wondering when that might go away. Sometimes its more sensitive than others too.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Impaled my pinky on a rusty nail... almost all the way through.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff View post
    Impaled my pinky on a rusty nail... almost all the way through.
    Rusty Nail - I used to drink those before I learned that good Scotch didn't need to be mixed with anything.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Rusty Nail - I used to drink those before I learned that good Scotch didn't need to be mixed with anything.
    Truth. Same goes for good Irish. I will, however, drink the occasional Irish Car Bomb.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff View post
    Truth. Same goes for good Irish. I will, however, drink the occasional Irish Car Bomb.
    3 in a row... and then you just call it a wreck.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2004
    So I left the fan on in the bedroom last night because it was kinda muggy and woke up this morning with a swollen uvula It's like I'm allergic to something.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Aside from the torn rotator cuff and the bruised ribs and the infected finger I have been in great shape this last month or so.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    May 2005
    So shortly after this post, my crown ended up falling off while I was flossing.

I had the crown reset a few days later and all of the sensitivity to pressure went away.

It is very slightly sensitive to cold, but not much.

Does this mean the original crown was not set properly the first time? I ask because when it was first put on, the dentist was screwing around with his phone because his wife was expecting their first child. A different dentist reset the crown.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Does this mean the original crown was not set properly the first time? I ask because when it was first put on, the dentist was screwing around with his phone because his wife was expecting their first child. A different dentist reset the crown.
    I'm not even sure what a crown is.....

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner View post
    I'm not even sure what a crown is.....
    I didn't know either until they put the damn thing on.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I have experienced at least 3 ways to warrent getting a dental crown -

breaking off a front tooth,
    having an old filling fail where there is not much or no top/side of the tooth left,
    after root canal.

My dentist is so pain management oriented that he gives me 3 local shots - tongue side, cheek side & at the TMJ.

Worst losing a crown experience was
    being out of town, on Christmas eve that fell on a thursday, which forced a change in travel plans by 2 days (you try changing flights on a Christmas weekend ) but at least my dentist saw me monday morning

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Went to a Dermatologist today -

- spots to watch
    - got the freeze spray on several spots
    - had a scrap biopsy - results in a week

Registered
    May 2005
    For the past 6 weeks I have been struggling with a pinched nerve in my neck. It has been SUPER painful and also sends pain/tingling/numbness down my left arm to my fingers. When it started, the muscles on one side of my back were also in spasm the likes of which I have never seen/felt. I threw everything I could think of at it: urgent care, muscle relaxants, chiropractor, acupuncture, massage therapy (I was crying in pain it was so hard to work that knot). It was terrible and unrelenting. I even missed a week of work. There was no position that relieved the pain and my sleep was terrible for about a month. I don’t think I made anyone in my household very happy either.

The worst part has been not being able to ride my bike. The pain is mainly when I look forward or up for too long. Did I mention the pain and how terrible it was? Well, it was. But, strangely I was able to run (and it felt pretty good)

FINALLY, today I got in to see my primary care physician. The first appointment available since this whole thing began. And that was to see ANY of the doctors at the clinic. Not cool, man. At least my doctor is super cute…

On the mend now. In the end, it was the acupuncture that did it for me and I have gone back twice more with amazing results. In addition to the pins, he did some electrostimulation, “cupping” and “gua sha.” Awesome is all I can say. This was my first time using acupuncture, but it won’t be my last.

So now its neck strengthening exercises, traction twice a day and supplements to try and ensure it doesn’t happen again. Turmeric, fish oil, glucosamine/chondroitin, and low gluten diet.
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Went to a Dermatologist -- had a scrape biopsy - results in a week
    They called already - it is squamous cell carcinoma
    Have to have a follow up procedure where they will cut a little deeper and wider.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    My knee went out at The Girl's soccer practice last night. This coaching stuff has to stop. I get out there and my mind still thinks I'm 33 and my body says FU Stupid.
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Woke up with a nose bleed this morning. Not sure why. It's never happened before.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2013
    Right now: My right ear is ringing.
    In the future: I have to get my wisdom teeth out next month
    In the past: I've had a cold for the last week or so
    Chronically:My knees have hurt, espeically in the cold, for the last 9 years, and doctors won't do anything about it because I am young and they assume it's nothing. It's not nothing! They say exercise, exercise makes it worse. Arghhh

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Probably seems minor, but I'm seriously exhausted all. the. time. I function ok (not great, but ok) at work but then I get home and can barely get dinner made and stuff around for the next day and ready to fall out. I get 8 hours of sleep, try to eat the right mix of foods, take multi-vitamins each night. I haven't been working out (bad I know!) so I need to get back into that to see if that helps. This is going on for past two years; my last two annual physicals (last one two weeks ago) included bloodwork that checked my thyroid and stuff for auto-immune and they came back ok. I just don't know what else to do, and getting so frustrated.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner View post
    Probably seems minor, but I'm seriously exhausted all. the. time. I function ok (not great, but ok) at work but then I get home and can barely get dinner made and stuff around for the next day and ready to fall out. I get 8 hours of sleep, try to eat the right mix of foods, take multi-vitamins each night. I haven't been working out (bad I know!) so I need to get back into that to see if that helps. This is going on for past two years; my last two annual physicals (last one two weeks ago) included bloodwork that checked my thyroid and stuff for auto-immune and they came back ok. I just don't know what else to do, and getting so frustrated.
    About 3 or 4 years ago, my wife was the same way. She ended up getting blood work done and she had low testosterone levels. She received some shots over the course of several months that were supposed to moderate her levels. She (and I) definitely noticed a difference.

Lots of life changes going on with you. It's amazing how stress can make us so damn tired.

Registered
    Feb 2002
    About 3 or 4 years ago, my wife was the same way. She ended up getting blood work done and she had low testosterone levels. She received some shots over the course of several months that were supposed to moderate her levels. She (and I) definitely noticed a difference.

Lots of life changes going on with you. It's amazing how stress can make us so damn tired.
    I don't feel stressed, or anxious, or depressed? I feel too tired to care either way But seriously, I don't feel I am affected that way, but that may be part of it. That's interesting about the testosterone, I'll keep that in mind when I talk to my doctor next.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I started a cold two days ago and decided to take a couple of cold capsules this morning so my nose wouldn't resemble a faucet. Hell, from now on I may take a couple of cold capsules every morning before heading into work....

Registered
    Mar 2005
    A very good friend's mom had a massive stroke today
    She's 89 w/ Alzheimer’s and living in a nursing home
    This will bring peace to part of their family
    It might cause a riff with another part of their family

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Had the follow up procedure - scraped just a little bit deeper and wider with cauterization.

Dr called it - squamous cell carcinoma in situ.
    As you can image the spot is very sore.

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING Pet Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 534
    Last post: 15 Apr 2015, 6:46 PM
  2. The NEVERENDING Joy Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 01 May 2013, 9:39 AM