Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Neverending 'What's Ailing You Now'? Thread

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    They called already - it is squamous cell carcinoma
    Have to have a follow up procedure where they will cut a little deeper and wider.
    Me, too. Heard from my primary doc today. Off to the dermatologist at the end of the month. Two lesions, on my neck and shoulder.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    May 2008
    . . .
    Dr called it - squamous cell carcinoma in situ.
    As you can image the spot is very sore.
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    Me, too. Heard from my primary doc today.. Two lesions, on my neck and shoulder.
    I'm so sorry this is happening to the two of you. Fair-skinned Caucasions seem to be at the greatest risk.

ZG
    , would it be possible for you to move your dermatologist appointment to earlier this month?

Also, did either of your docs say if it was "Bowen's Disease"?
    http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/bowens-...roduction.aspx

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Excision spot is looking better just rose color now.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I have to have Cataract Surgery. Has anybody have it, how was the recovery, like the improvement ?

How do you find out about the surgeon's experience doing this proceedure ?

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I have to have Cataract Surgery.
    UPDATE

Before surgery I have an appointment with a Retinalogist, issue being degree of nearsightedness & diabetic.
    Have surgery scheduled in June - one week apart again the the resulting difference being degree of nearsightedness.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Back spasms, elbow is burning as bad as 1978. It equals no sleep.
    Habitual Offender

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    Wisdom teeth, chronic knee pain since I was 12, and a bad attitude.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Hello, is this the kvetch thread?

My right arm is killing me, and I can't even explain where the pain is. It started in April when I was pulling my wheeled luggage from place to place (in some cases, across cobblestones) during our vacation. It doesn't help that I am a right-handed mouse user, because I can't avoid using my right arm. I feel like someone is pulling my bones apart.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Jammed my thumb working on the fence yesterday. Got several mosquito bites that itch badly. Getting old and cranky.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Jun 2011
    They called already - it is squamous cell carcinoma
    Have to have a follow up procedure where they will cut a little deeper and wider.
    Apparently my family wants me to visit a dermatologist for one of these. Something on my back that I have noticed looks a little odd...what's that scrape procedure like?

Other than that, I've had some sort of cold for like a week, and my dog had diarrhea last night, so there's that.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by AG74683 View post
    Apparently my family wants me to visit a dermatologist for one of these. Something on my back that I have noticed looks a little odd...what's that scrape procedure like?

Other than that, I've had some sort of cold for like a week, and my dog had diarrhea last night, so there's that.
    My dermatologist took a biopsy, sent to the lab, called to tell me what it was & scheduled the procedure.
    The procedure was done in less than a hour; several local shots around the spot, several horizontal slices and a bit beyond the margins.
    Wound was left open to heal from inside out, dressed with petroleum jelly and covered with just a big band aid.
    forgot how many days I had to keep it dressed this way but changed twice a day.

7 months later, spot is less than dime size and pale pink.

Is that TMI ?

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    My left knee hurts. I have developed arthritis in it due to a long ago injury and eventual surgery. Some days are better than others.

rt shared her summer cold with the rest of us
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2013
    My back is peeling due a sunburn that was so bad that it seems to have left behind permanent damage.

Also I stubbed my toe on a screw sticking up out of a pier, and I lost a big chunk of it.

Found out that I have a couple of low grade back problems.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The left side of my mouth is still numb. I had a temporary crown installed this afternoon. Damn it, I'm still eating leftover homemade pizza tonight.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    The left side of my mouth is still numb. I had a temporary crown installed this afternoon. Damn it, I'm still eating leftover homemade pizza tonight.
    I did that Monday. I cracked a molar last week and they worked me in for the temp crown. Jaw was been sore for a couple days. Ugh!
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2004
    There's not much to trump dental pain in the 'persistent with occasional sharp stabs' category.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    There's not much to trump dental pain in the 'persistent with occasional sharp stabs' category.
    Its all made better with some ice cold water or a nice hot cup of tea.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    I have a cold It's bad enough that I haven't slept well for two nights, even though I took nighttime OTC meds. Of course, being overly snotty and sleepy at work is sooo much fun

At least I haven't taken the nighttime meds during the day, like ursus, but maybe this weekend I'll sleep it off . . .
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Getting dressed this morning, I pulled a muscle in my lower back. Painful enough to leave work a couple hours early. It's still pretty painful. Sleep should be interesting tonight.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Acute bronchitis. Just about every winter, lasts for months. This year has been the worst. Honestly, I can't even remember when this year's bout started. Was it around Thanksgiving? Christmas? I had it for a month or so and was almost well, then I got the flu and now it has been at least another month. Rarely do I get a good night's sleep because the coughing is worse when I lie down. Keep going to the doctor but I don't get better. Ever.

Now, I either want to get better or just die, just so long as it stops.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Getting dressed this morning, I pulled a muscle in my lower back. Painful enough to leave work a couple hours early. It's still pretty painful. Sleep should be interesting tonight.
    I tore a muscle in my lower back last summer. You want to feel like an old person pretty quick, that will do it for you.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    May 2006
    Day 2 of the terrible headache...today I have had no caffeine or other stimulants. I am headed to the clinic to see if anything can be done. At this point I do not feel sick but left early yesterday in incredible pain. Even sleep could not improve it. The pain is dull and persistent for now.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    Acute bronchitis. Just about every winter, lasts for months. This year has been the worst. Honestly, I can't even remember when this year's bout started. Was it around Thanksgiving? Christmas? I had it for a month or so and was almost well, then I got the flu and now it has been at least another month. Rarely do I get a good night's sleep because the coughing is worse when I lie down. Keep going to the doctor but I don't get better. Ever.

Now, I either want to get better or just die, just so long as it stops.
    Try Mucinex or the big box equivalent. I had a cough for years, and that finally made it stop. HTH

(hints from Veloise)

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Pulled mine Sunday chopping wood. Still hurts sitting here, but it's getting better. And yes, I feel like an old man. Now get off my lawn!
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING Pet Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 535
    Last post: 06 Oct 2017, 10:13 AM
  2. The NEVERENDING Joy Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 01 May 2013, 9:39 AM
  3. The NEVERENDING When You Die Thread