Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 South Trash Talk Thread

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by CPSURaf View post
    This is Busch League $hit. I am sure this is a move reserved for Hink Planner
    I didn't pick the 201st best defensive player available when there happened to be only 4 picked at the time. I'll take Ochocinco over Jon Alston any day.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Tranplanner View post
    At least you guys are actually drafting people...at the rate the North is going the season will be over before we finish our draft.
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    I think you are being overly optimistic. There is no reason to believe we will ever finish our draft.
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner View post
    Executive order of the commish:

Starting next round I'm gonna make the clock 2 hours...this is pathetic...
    Further proof on what a cluster f*ck the North is...even their commish thinks his league is pathetic.

The North shall be refered to as the Shorn Testicle League.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    Further proof on what a cluster f*ck the North is...even their commish thinks his league is pathetic.

The North shall be refered to as the Shorn Testicle League.
    You avatar looks kind of like a testicle.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    when can i draft brett farve?
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    He will retire before you get the chance... just give him a couple weeks.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Apr 2006
    How many more qb do you need?
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Hink_Planner View post
    He will retire before you get the chance... just give him a couple weeks.
    Already gone. And 2 isn't enough. I am a QB/RB hoarder. I have a problem. I admit it.
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Damn, you Brocktoon.. I was going to pick up Foster. You do know you need a kicker and four defensive guys right?
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Mar 2004

WAKE UP!!!!

Come on you magnificent BASTARDS!!! Pick faster, those scumbags in the North are moving slightly faster than a slow glacier now
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    Damn, you Brocktoon.. I was going to pick up Foster. You do know you need a kicker and four defensive guys right?

That is what the last 5 rounds are for... picking a D player before round 10 is just poor draft management...
    Giff I think you need another quarter back.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    That is what the last 5 rounds are for... picking a D player before round 10 is just poor draft management...
    Giff I think you need another quarter back.
    Well I would argue that a good LB will score many more points than having a 6th RB or WR. Why exactly are you holding on to 6 of each? Only 3 can play a week...

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Sorry Big Easy about your guy Sidney Rice... that hurts...

Registered
    Feb 2005
    What happened, South? Your lead is shrinking!

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Well I would argue that a good LB will score many more points than having a 6th RB or WR. Why exactly are you holding on to 6 of each? Only 3 can play a week...
    Its football...people get hurt, don't preform, play a team with a tough matchup, or someone steps up and surprises you. Chris Johnson was a 2nd or 3rd tier rb last year. Someone to draft but not someone to reach for. My point is, with the exception of a few players, you don't know who will be a game breaker and who won't. Plus you have the flex player. The right guy could give you an extra 6 to 8 points a game.

As for D, with the new scoring this year the difference between Patrick Willis and Ray Lewis is 30 points for the season...that is 2 points a game. I would rather have options at the large point generating positions like WR and RB than reach for the best lb that will get me 6pt on a good day when I can take the 10th best player at the position and get 4pts.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Its football...people get hurt, don't preform, play a team with a tough matchup, or someone steps up and surprises you. Chris Johnson was a 2nd or 3rd tier rb last year. Someone to draft but not someone to reach for. My point is, with the exception of a few players, you don't know who will be a game breaker and who won't. Plus you have the flex player. The right guy could give you an extra 6 to 8 points a game.

As for D, with the new scoring this year the difference between Patrick Willis and Ray Lewis is 30 points for the season...that is 2 points a game. I would rather have options at the large point generating positions like WR and RB than reach for the best lb that will get me 6pt on a good day when I can take the 10th best player at the position and get 4pts.
    Fair enough. This is my first fantasy season, so maybe my view is somewhat skewed... we shall see. What about filling all your spots though... you would just rather not have a second string LB ? You can only have 20 guys...

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Fair enough. This is my first fantasy season, so maybe my view is somewhat skewed... we shall see. What about filling all your spots though... you would just rather not have a second string LB ? You can only have 20 guys...
    Another reason why I don't value D in FF. The tough thing for me with IDP is there is little analysis done on them for FF. It makes it difficult to figure out who will do well and who is poised for a monster year unless you really do your homework...and I dont have that leave of free time.

Every team has at least 3 starting lb's so that 96 lb starting on Sunday. At most 25 lbs will be taken...that leaves 70 playing every game available on the free agent wire. You should run a defense strategy and hoard defensive players like I covet wr and rbs.

Registered
    May 2004
    pooor poor southies. I've looked at your teams. They are not so good. You guys aren't gonna stand a chance now that Jeff isn't here.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Wow. This is kind of interesting:

http://www.xmradio.com/smacktalk?fN=...1Vki%21Qqi&v=2
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff View post
    Well played sir...well played.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Are we on yahoo yet? Also, it looks like Lienart is getting traded.... that could make him worthless, or tremendously good... I am going with worthless... sorry Joe

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Are we on yahoo yet? Also, it looks like Lienart is getting traded.... that could make him worthless, or tremendously good... I am going with worthless... sorry Joe
    No, I'll get that done over the weekend. I'm RJing out this afternoon for a 4 day weekend, so at some point I'll get the teams loaded.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Aug 1997
    It was a Sarah Palin pick . . . high risk - high reward. Gotta take a few flyers in the draft somewhere.
    JOE ILIFF

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Joe Iliff View post
    It was a Sarah Palin pick . . . high risk - high reward. Gotta take a few flyers in the draft somewhere.
    Not sure I see any reward with picking Palin. I guess I can see it with Lienart though

Registered
    Mar 2004

Oh yeah.....

Not sure I see any reward with picking Palin. I guess I can see it with Lienart though
    Are you kidding me! Palin would make a great Center for Tim Tebo

Dan could you work some photo shop magic for Brocktoon, he would love to see these two in tight formation, just before the "snap"
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    No, I'll get that done over the weekend. I'm RJing out this afternoon for a 4 day weekend, so at some point I'll get the teams loaded.
    I run a 12 team league at work and I had the teams entered in 45 minutes.

Closed thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. 2010 North Trash Talk Thread
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 48
    Last post: 07 Dec 2010, 9:09 AM
  2. Replies: 90
    Last post: 12 Jul 2010, 12:12 PM
  3. 2008 South Trash Talk Thread
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 85