Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Financial aid and location

Financial aid and location

I am in the process of applying for a Masters in Urban Planning degree (Fall 2011). At this point, my main concern for graduate school is funding/financial aid. Does anyone know of any urban planning programs that are notoriously bad or particulary generous when it comes to financial aid for their students?

I am from Chicago and will be applying to both the University of Illinois-Chicago and University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign this fall (in-state tuition obviously). However, I went to school on the east coast for undergrad (Johns Hopkins) and would not mind going to grad school on either the east or west coast.

Basically, I am worried about how much debt I will have after graduating with my degree and need guidance on how to curb it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Registered
    Nov 2005
    i don't know about schools with really bad funding opportunities, but as far as really good funding schools go, georgia tech is REALLY good. GT often offers an internship to incoming students which covers tuition and then some, while also getting you some real world experience.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2009
    In terms of out-of-state tuition, the UC's are atrocious. You won't get much funding from them either, it basically all goes to the Ph.D. students.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 20 Apr 2009, 4:49 PM
  2. Financial committee
    Student Commons
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 01 Apr 2009, 4:59 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last post: 10 Mar 2009, 11:20 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last post: 26 Sep 2007, 11:44 AM