Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: hello!

Registered
    Aug 2010

hello!

Hi all! I'm really excited about joining the group! I've been peeking around some of the discussions and I really like all the great insight and the occasional "chaff"! I'm a young professional in construction considering a move into urban planning and development. I am thinking about going back to school for a masters, although from some of the discussions I've read, it seems like planning is in as much turmoil as construction is. In any case, my favorite video game is Sim City and I don't want to have to build the same half-baked and out-of-place office complex for the rest of my life, so I thought I might be among like-minded people? Looking forward to being part of the group and contributing where I can. I may have some questions about schools and programs so I'll check out the students forum as well. Happy Friday!

Greetings from the Hoosier state, hard by the Ohio River.

Thanks for registering, see you 'round the forums!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! I would guess many around here loved Sim City and found a nice way to parlay that into a job. Good work on joining on a Friday! Enjoy!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Welcome from the Rockies. Good to have you around.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Closed thread