Hi Transportation Planners,
If you had to very briefly explain the focus of your job - aka the majority of the work you do - what would you categorize your main work as? You can pick top 1 or 2 if you are having trouble choosing.
This question is aimed at transportation planners (particularly public sector planners, but any transportation planners as well).
- Capital and Physical Projects (Street redesigns, bike infrastructure, Transit projects, Paving, Engineering, Signals, Urban Design/Streetscape design, Wayfinding, Grant Writing, etc. Short term projects that you can see and touch.)
- Long Term Transportation Policy and Comprehensive Planning
- Transit (operations, maintenance, service planning, station area planning, anyone who works in a transit agency)
- R&D (ex: antonymous vehicles testing, or if you work for TRB, or in academia)
- Zoning and Development Review (for new private development)
- Environmental and NEPA Compliance/Review
- Statistics, Modelling or Data Analysis
- Management and Administrative Work
- Other (Could include: Aviation planning, supply-chain or logistics, other categories I can't think of...Please succinctly categorize)