Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Newbie into Parking policy (and transport/planning generally)

Newbie into Parking policy (and transport/planning generally)

I have dipped into Cyburbia from time to time but have only just registered. I am an Australian living in Singapore.

I am faculty in a Public Policy School and teach introductory urban policy, infrastructure policy and transport policy courses for our public policy graduate students.

My professional interests are mainly in transport planning (and its interface with urban planning). For a couple of years now I have been most into PARKING policy issues, with my thinking prodded initially by Donald Shoup and Todd Litman's work.

I write/manage a blog devoted to parking policy: http://www.reinventingparking.org/ Please take a look if you are interested in parking issues. The focus is international. Feedback is welcome (here on cyburbia or else via the site itself).

I am also interested in various other urban transportation issues (see http://www.reinventingtransport.org/ to get an idea).

Hoping to hear from folks here with similar interests.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! It sounds like you will be a great asset to have around the Transportation Forum. Check it out and contribute. Great to have you!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    welcome from downeast Maine!

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 23 May 2013, 12:46 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 06 Oct 2011, 9:51 AM
  3. Transport planning master
    Student Commons
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 29 Jul 2007, 6:40 AM
  4. Short term parking policy
    Transportation Planning