Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Cyburbia: the travel agency

Registered
    Feb 2004

Cyburbia: the travel agency

You know we got a heckuva lotta people around here with geography backgrounds so it stands to reason we should be able to do quite well as travel agents.

Why don't we offer some exciting adventure travel packages designed around specific demographics?

The Redneck package: 8 day package includes stops at Graceland Mansion (thankyouverymuch), Talladega, AL (the race track), Corbin KY (Colonel Sanders Cafe and museam), and Lynchburg, TN (Jack Daniels Distillery). Trip ends at sunny, beautiful Fort Walton Beach, FL

Can someone suggest other vacation travel packages possibly for elitist liberals, NRA fanatics, 85 year old geezers, illegal immigrants, pointy-headed bureaucrats, Canadians, or anything else you can think of?

Registered
    Dec 2008

Reality of Utah Tour

I've always thought that if you wanted a "Taste of Utah" (not that anybody really does) it would go like this: The tour guide picks you up at the airport. You look at the desert for a while as your driven to your destination: a restuarant where you will be served the finest "Navajo Tacos", and where you will drink milk with your dinner for the full effect. Also, if you don't have your own, 4 to 5 children of varying ages will be assigned to sit at your table during dinner, forcing you to take them potty, cut up their meat, etc. This is also to achieve the "full effect". After dinner your guide will drop you off at a dollar movie. If you want to make out in the parking lot afterward, someone can be provided. Tour ends. Hope you enjoyed!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Why don't we offer some exciting adventure travel packages designed around specific demographics?

The Redneck package: 8 day package includes stops at Graceland Mansion (thankyouverymuch), Talladega, AL (the race track), Corbin KY (Colonel Sanders Cafe and museam), and Lynchburg, TN (Jack Daniels Distillery). Trip ends at sunny, beautiful Fort Walton Beach, FL
    I did something similar several years ago with my dad, we did go to Col Sanders, Lynchburg, Smokies, Nashville, but added mammouth cave and Kings Island.

Elitist libs can just go to Ann Arbor. They will love it and never leave.

NRA Fans can go to St Helens MI, the summer home of the former NRA leader and movie star, lots of things to kill there.

Why would Canadians want to go to anywhere but Toronto, Vancouver, or Jasper?
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    The drunken stagger tour-Napa Valley, Bardstown, KY(Maker's Mark), Lynchburg, TN, Milwaukee, WI.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Place management agency
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 05 Mar 2009, 11:18 PM
  2. Oil enforcement agency
    Environmental Planning
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 14 Apr 2007, 3:03 AM
  3. Multiple job openings at one agency
    Career Development and Advice