Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Definition of principal use

Registered
    Sep 2010

Definition of principal use

We are looking for working definitions of "Principal Use" - specifically whether towns and villages allow only one Principal Use per lot, or if multiple principal uses are allowed, as long as they meet all other zoning requirements. Thoughts?

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by lynnm View post
    We are looking for working definitions of "Principal Use" - specifically whether towns and villages allow only one Principal Use per lot, or if multiple principal uses are allowed, as long as they meet all other zoning requirements. Thoughts?
    Only one "principal use" (btw I have moved my city away from "principal use")to "primary use") and everything else is an "accessory" to the principal use. The only way you can have "multiple principal uses" is through our mixed use zones (i.e. vertical or horizontal residential/retail/office uses). I am overhauling our definitions, right now, so working on redefining this whole prinicpal use business.
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Jun 2005
    We have a 'principal' use- which is say greater than 50% of the site area/floor space and ancillary uses.
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 11 Jul 2010, 6:18 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last post: 20 Sep 2007, 3:49 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last post: 21 Sep 2006, 11:36 AM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last post: 18 Aug 2004, 4:22 PM
  5. Definitions Definition
    Land Use and Zoning