Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Advice on applying to graduate school

Registered
    Sep 2010

Advice on applying to graduate school

I am currently a Peace Corps Volunteer and am unable to take the GRE. I have a cum. GPA of 3.1, 4.0 my senior year. I have great letters of recommendation and have been working in Community Development in the Peace Corps. Can anyone recommend schools for Urban Planning that focus on International Development that do not require the GRE? Also, how good of a chance do I have with a less than great GPA?

research

A lot of schools require it, but I have seen a few that dont and say that it is optional. Your best bet is go here: http://www.acsp.org/education_guide/overview

read the 15th edition guide to graduate urban planning, and every school has a requirements box with GRE (optional) or GRE (required). So check off the ones that dont require it and you will have a nice list of schools.

you are going to want to take the GREs. i think all the better schools with international development focus programs require them. I think mit and cornell are basically 1 and 2 in that field for urban planning.

my roommate and i are both rpcvs. he was south america, i was in west africa. if you want more info about our program please free to post on here again or PM me if you can.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 13 Nov 2012, 12:43 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 07 Sep 2011, 10:51 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 29 Aug 2011, 8:13 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last post: 23 Dec 2009, 1:54 AM
  5. Graduate school and career advice (was: Advice?)
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 17 Apr 2007, 11:09 AM