Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Mike Waiczis contact info

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006

Mike Waiczis contact info

Does anyone have his correct email and phone number? His wife sent me the AICP study material, several of which are broken PDFs. His email mrw36@csufresno.edu always bounces back at mrw36@cvip.net. He also has several phone numbers that never go through.

Any ideas? Sounds a little shady.
    "This is great, honey. What's the crunchy stuff?"
    "M&Ms. I ran out of paprika."

Family Guy

Did you find out his correct contact info? I am trying to buy the material from him for my May exam. Thanks!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Nope, never did. Sorry.

Family Guy

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Keep in mind Mike Waiczis' study material is copyrighted and he is very very particular about who may receive this information. Distributing his material free of charge is a copyright violation. I understand that his contact information (phone, email, etc.) is outdated. As a former Professional Development Officer (PDO) responsible for AICP exam preparation, I would strongly urge you soon-to-be certified planners not to distribute this material. I would recommend alternative study resources.

Family Guy

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moderator note:
    nrschmid, sorry none of the mods or I saw your post earlier. Been working on SmartCode calibration all day.

I just got another complaint, so I'm taking the rare step of deleting messages asking others to forward information. We have to be consistent; we do the same thing for the Planetizen school list every year.

Please respect the hard work and intellectual property of others, and please don't use Cyburbia as a vehicle to illegally distribute copyrighted materials. Thank you.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Mike Waiczis' current e-mail is waiczism@yahoo.com

You are so correct nrschmid... I also have purchased Mike's study materials. They were recommended by many fellow planners who have passed the AICP exam. Although I do not know Mike personally he was very friendly and helpful when contacting him to purchase his material. He even rushed everthing to me via e-mail but in return for his kindness specifically asked me not to share his material since he spent (I am sure thousands) of hours writting, revising and updating. His study material is really quite affordable at $99. He has even been known to give discounts to individuals with hardship. Since AICP certification has a lot to do with professional ethics nrschmid is correct to ask everyone here to take personal stock of the actions. I would also advise the individual(s) giving out the information to stop for all of the same reasons.

Moderator note:
    (Dan) Edited the post so the email address appears in the body of the message, rather than as a post title. This converts the address to an image, making it less susceptible to spam.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I just got the reported post, and I tell you what, nrschmid is absolutely right and probably didn't word his post strongly enough for me. So let me be very clear on this, and I'm sure Dan will back me, if I catch you knowingly sending or soliciting copyrighted materials, I'll ban your ass.

Doing that is the same as downloading music or movies that you have not purchased, it's stealing plain and simple. Thieving the materials to study for a test with an ethics section is flat out stupid, and I hope no one here in this thread was passing it out knowing it was copyrighted. Regardless, now you know.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moderator note:
    Suspensions have been made, along with users in another thread asking for copies of the AICP study course. Next time, it will be banhammers.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Contact with the news media
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 27
    Last post: 31 Dec 2010, 10:58 AM
  2. Ex parte contact?
    Rural and Small Town Planning
    Replies: 12
    Last post: 14 Jul 2009, 5:30 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 12 Nov 2008, 11:51 AM
  4. how do I contact a state agency about a job?
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 11 Apr 2006, 12:03 PM