Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Problems when I try to PM someone

Registered
    Aug 2008

Problems when I try to PM someone

I'm having a problem when trying to PM a user. When I attempt to PM and click on the Private Messages link in the drop down menu in my Control Panel I get the following message:

"Joey Cash, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

How can I address this?

You can't PM that member because that member only has four posts and five are needed to activate the PM feature.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Should the PM stuff just be put as a sticky here since it seems the same question gets asked every week?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally posted by Hink_Planner View post
    Should the PM stuff just be put as a sticky here since it seems the same question gets asked every week?
    That's a bad idea: my post count would take a serious hit if we did that.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    FWIW, I'm working on updating the FAQ from the vBulletin default, to go into more detail about Cyburbia-specific features and policies.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Problems with busways/BRT
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 58
    Last post: 16 Apr 2012, 7:53 PM
  2. Problems with suburbs
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 27
    Last post: 21 Dec 2007, 2:02 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last post: 29 Sep 2006, 6:27 PM