Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Not sure where to post this

Registered
    Aug 2010

Not sure where to post this

I really thought this was a serious city planning forum, but i see it's all just people screwing off at work. This is kind of sad. I might check back from time to time, but I don't hold any expectations. I guess I know where my tax dollars are going though

Registered
    Jun 2005
    This place isn't a digital version of a stuffy professional conference, but more like the pub where planners show up at happy hour, ties loosened, to commiserate and talk shop as well as BS with one another. Almost all of us are planning professionals with difficult jobs and this place gives us the chance to vent. It is what it is, it'll be here long after you lose interest in coming here, and if you don't like it and don't have anything to contribute, then don't let the door hit you. P.S. - your tax dollars pay none of my salary.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by MacheteJames View post
    This place isn't a digital version of a stuffy professional conference, but more like the pub where planners show up at happy hour, ties loosened, to commiserate and talk shop as well as BS with one another. Almost all of us are planning professionals with difficult jobs and this place gives us the chance to vent. It is what it is, it'll be here long after you lose interest in coming here, and if you don't like it and don't have anything to contribute, then don't let the door hit you. P.S. - your tax dollars pay none of my salary.
    Nicely Stated.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Legalese View post
    I really thought this was a serious city planning forum, but i see it's all just people screwing off at work. This is kind of sad. I might check back from time to time, but I don't hold any expectations. I guess I know where my tax dollars are going though
    Well we are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. It was nice while it lasted.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I really thought this was a serious city planning forum
    Uhhh ... it is, if you didn't notice the 14 forums at the top of the Forum home page. There would be much less content in those forums if it wasn't for the off-topic forums, which exist on most successful professional message boards.

FWIW, activity spikes during lunch hours. On this end, you can see the wave of posts as the lunch hour progresses through North America's time zones.

See this button on the right side of the Cyburbia Community table header?

Click it.

I'm sorry we couldn't meet your expectations. You're welcome to lurk or post any time you want, though.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    May 2005
    When I'm not on Cyburbia, I'm on Facebook!

FTW!!
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Why can't I post?
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 05 Mar 2007, 12:05 AM
  2. Cannot post
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 12 Jul 2005, 10:39 AM
  3. How do I post a pic?
    Cyburbia Issues and Help