Hi to all
I'm new on this wonderful site, I'm here because I need your help.
To be easy for you guys to understand my concerns I will make the story shorter.
I recently graduated Polytechnic University of Bucharest (ROMANIA - 2009) and I emigrated to US. Now, I live in Sacramento, California and I have a Bachelor of Science in Transportation Engineering (equivalent) and also I have a Master Degree in Transportation & Logistics (equivalent)
1) Where can I find a entry level Transportation Engineer position? I am seeking from the beginning of 2010 and I cannot find any position that match my education.
I cannot apply for a government position cuz right now I'm a green card holder.(permanent resident not citizen)
2) What's a FE exam? Can I take the PE license without taking the FE Exam?
3) I wanna take the PE license, but I wanna know if it's worth, in me case. If the answer is yes, what should I do for the first step? How much will cost that exam? I heard that you cannot find the right preparation books and courses for those exams. Where is the best place to find that comprehensive studying material?
4) I've worked as a Mechanical Engineer in Brooklyn, NY for about 5 months (contract job) and I have a previous experience working with CAD software like Solidworks, Catia V5, Autocad. My question is: Can I obtain a Mechanical Engineer PE license, even though I'm a Transportation Engineer?
5) What's the difference between a Mechanical Engineer and a Civil Engineer (generally speaking)
Thank you for your time and consideration! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.