Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: New FB game - CityVille

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003

New FB game - CityVille

HEADLINE: Zynga sees new 'CityVille' building on 'FarmVille' success

CityVille is Zynga's latest, and most ambitious, big bet. It plays out on the largest virtual board designed by Zynga and lets gamers not only create cities but contribute to the cityscapes of other CityVille users. A bevy of digital tools allows players to build skyscrapers, parks, roads, homes, railroads, monuments, shipping ports — almost anything associated with a metropolis.

Once a city fills up, its players are required to add community services, such as police, fire departments, schools and hospitals. "It's Monopoly meets Main Street," says Sean Kelly, general manager of CityVille.
    When it is available will you play ?

119 article about it.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2004
    An on-line version of SimCity in a forvm populated with planners.....

YIKES!!!!!

Mike

Registered
    Mar 2007
    How about an actual online SimCity where we could actually link our communities? I could get behind that!
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Jan 2005
    After all the data breaks that Facebook games have had, I am staying away from anything Facebook like the plague. Although I have heard it is pretty cool....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Dear god, and here I have been so successful at fending off 'friends' from their mafia wars and farmville advances. I think its time to pull the plug on facebook. I never saw it as having much utility anyway.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    How about an actual online SimCity where we could actually link our communities? I could get behind that!
    That would be fun! I recently dusted my SimCity Societies off and played it for a bit. I'm not sure if I like that version more or less than regular SimCity. Not having to zone is nice, but it drives me crazy that you cannot have any high density venues. What's up with that?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Unemployed planners, here's your chance! As soon as CityVille goes live, expect to see lots of disciplinary action for abuse of Internet privileges. There's your way in, replacing addicted planners who will lose their jobs thanks to this.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Employed planners, here's your chance! Now you can goof off the entire day and facebook has provided you the perfect excuse. The next time your boss complains you spend all day on facebook you can reply "you know that development proposal we got from Wal Mart the other day? I was just 'running a computer simulation' to see how it would work out..."

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Game 7
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 86
    Last post: 22 Oct 2004, 3:31 PM
  2. Another new game...
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 26 Jun 2004, 12:16 AM
  3. New game
    Friday Afternoon Club