Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: From NJ

Registered
    Nov 2010

From NJ

Hello-
    I've been a planner for over 35 years working in the public and private sectors. My work ranged from urban design to open space planning - and just about everything in between. Most recently I was working for a state planning agency but lost my job when the rotten budget conditions in NJ forced deep funding cuts and staff reductions. I've been casting about for new directions but, and I'm sure this comes as quite a shock, jobs are a tad scarce out there. I'm hoping things will turn around eventually. In the meantime I look forward to communicating with the planners in Cyburbia.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! We seem to have many experienced planners coming to our ranks recently. Please join in on some threads!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Greetings from one of the two ex-pat Jersey boys now planning along the Ohio River in the Hoosier state. I'm in the Eastern time zone, oddly enough.

Sorry to hear about the career predicament, but the pendulum will swing back sooner or later. I hope.

Glad to have you here in the hallowed halls of the Cyburbia!

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Greetings from one of the two ex-pat Jersey boys now planning along the Ohio River in the Hoosier state.
    Except I'm in the Central time zone.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Welcome from downeast Maine!

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Welcome aboard!

Closed thread