Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Wicked Boston

Registered
    Nov 2010

Wicked Boston

I'm from Boston and looking for a career change. My undergraduate work was in International Affairs but I am looking for work involving society, infrastructure and their problems. It seems Planning deals with these things and more. In the near future I'll begin an introductory course in GIS at a local university.

I'm interested in the issues of accessibility, particularly of food and water. What drives me into this field is a hope for the redemption and renewal of our built environments, and ultimately redemption and renewal of society.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! Check out the Cities and Places Subforum as well as the Design, Space, and Place subforum!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Welcome aboard!

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Old Boston
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 03 Apr 2013, 12:24 AM
  2. Greetings from Boston!
    Introduce Yourself