Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: NYU in Spring

Registered
    Nov 2010

NYU in Spring

Anyone else beginning Master's studies at NYU in spring? I'm moving up there from Florida in January...excited about the program and the city. I'd love to meet anyone else that might be starting such an adventure...

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Hey!

I'm certainly thinking about it. I got an extension for the replying deadline because I'm waiting on word from Rutgers. I really enjoyed my visit to NYU though. Great area, some interesting on-campus opportunities, and the ability to take more technical classes at NYU Poly all got me interested. I'm a transportation guy, btw. I'm trying to decide between NYU, Hunter, and potentially Rutgers at the moment.

What are you looking to specialize in?
    What drew you to the program?
    What other programs did you look at?

Registered
    Nov 2010
    I'm going to be specializing in housing policy. I also applied (and was accepted) to Hunter and Florida State here in FL. My goal was always to attend grad school in NYC, so that played a major role in my choice of NYU. Their faculty, particularly Ms. Gould-Ellen, also contributed to the choice. NYU's location and collection of distinguished professorial staff made it the most attractive school, in my opinion.

Registered
    May 2010
    Just out of curiosity what was the deadline on accepting or turning down the offer at Hunter? Thanks.

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Originally, it was November 19th. I got an extension to December 3rd though.
    Are you on the waiting list? If so, I can try to hurry up.. ha. I'm having difficulty deciding though.

Registered
    May 2010
    Yeah, I'm on the waiting list. I was just trying to figure out, however roughly, what the timeline looks like.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. USC in the spring
    Student Commons
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 05 Nov 2009, 9:48 AM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last post: 30 Mar 2008, 12:34 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 09 Apr 2005, 10:02 AM
  4. Get Ready - Here Comes Spring !!!
    Friday Afternoon Club