Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: GRE score turnaround time...

Registered
    Jun 2009

GRE score turnaround time...

So things in my life are changing and I"m seriously considering going back to school to attain a Masters now if I can't find a suitable job elsewhere. Im curious, but what is the turnaround time to attain your GRE scores? I know there are some application deadline in mid January for schools I would be interested in attending for Fall 2011, but feel I could schedule the GRE testing time within a week from now if I had to (I've already been preparing). Would that still give enough time to acquire the results so I could meet the deadlines?
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Rygor View post
    So things in my life are changing and I"m seriously considering going back to school to attain a Masters now if I can't find a suitable job elsewhere. Im curious, but what is the turnaround time to attain your GRE scores? I know there are some application deadline in mid January for schools I would be interested in attending for Fall 2011, but feel I could schedule the GRE testing time within a week from now if I had to (I've already been preparing). Would that still give enough time to acquire the results so I could meet the deadlines?
    I got part of my score right away... but had to wait for the official for something like 2 weeks after.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jun 2007
    I took the GRE CAT (i.e. the computer-based version) two weeks ago Sunday and got my verbal and quantitative scores immediately and they told me I would get my analytical writing scores in 2 weeks. I'll let you know if I get it this weekend or early next week.

Registered
    Jun 2009
    Wow. That is much quicker than I thought. For the GRE CAT, do you have to do the writing portion on pen and paper or do you just type it on the computer? Do they allow a basic calculator for the math/analytical portion?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Rygor View post
    Wow. That is much quicker than I thought. For the GRE CAT, do you have to do the writing portion on pen and paper or do you just type it on the computer? Do they allow a basic calculator for the math/analytical portion?
    I did mine on the computer. You type it. They have a calculator within the computer program. Personally I didn't use it once...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jun 2009
    Great. I like the idea of typing it better since I'm a fast typist and not a very legible writer. Thanks for the quick responses!

Registered
    Jun 2007
    I did not have a calculator for the quantitative section. They had an experimental calculator along with a much different math section (i.e. no longer multiple choice) for the "experimental" section on my test. Rumors abound that the GRE will add such a section on future tests starting within the next year or two.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. What is your Cyburbian Score?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 34
    Last post: 17 Dec 2012, 10:59 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last post: 03 Jan 2012, 7:42 PM
  3. Walk Score
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 52
    Last post: 11 Mar 2008, 2:30 PM