Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Interview for route analyst

Registered
    Jul 2008

Interview for route analyst

Hello again, folks...to give you an update...

...after writing the tests a couple weeks ago for a Route Analyst position (see Route Analyst test help post), I heard back from them just over a week later inviting me for an interview! (Thank you, TranPlanner for your response!)

The interview is Monday.

Can anyone help me with some advice on what questions you think they might ask? I'm going to go to the library today and tomorrow to prepare. If there is any additional advise I would be very grateful. As a reminder, the position is shown below. And thanks again!

Daniel.

----------------------------------
    Metrolinx, an agency of the Government of Ontario, and its operating division, GO Transit, have a vision to bring about an integrated, customer-focused transportation system that enhances prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA).

GO Transitís Bus Operations Planning Office is seeking a Route Analyst to support the planning and scheduling function of Bus Operations by:

 providing field ridership and service observations, as well as administrative support services
     recording various data with respect to ridership and schedule adherence;
     reporting field observation on routing guide discrepancies, deficiencies in bus stops/shelters and on-route
    conditions, and feedback from drivers or passengers on service concerns;
     compiling and inputting ridership data and providing various reports;
     confirming accessible stop locations and maintaining a database on related information.

This position involves reporting to various work locations and working varying shifts, including split shifts and off days, on short notice.

Registered
    Jul 2008

Update

By the way, I am reviewing one of the threads already posted with lots of interview questions...my request was more along the lines of IF there was any more questions that I might be asked that are more 'specific' to this position. I didn't make that clear...my apologies.

(I hate just as much when people don't do their 'own' research and expect to be spoonfed! )

Daniel.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    Tell us what you know about the job and company.
    Why do you want this job?
    Why should we hire you?
    "This is great, honey. What's the crunchy stuff?"
    "M&Ms. I ran out of paprika."

Family Guy

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Route analyst test help
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 09 Apr 2013, 2:24 PM
  2. Replies: 5