Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING Brag Thread

Registered
    Feb 2000

The NEVERENDING Brag Thread

I tend not to brag........... BUT (everyone's got a big BUT)

Brag #1 - My child prodigy (Jamison - 13) had an excellent achievement this past weekend. He competed in a regional Science Olympiad that consisted of 4 events. He placed 2nd in two events, 7th in a third and 14th in the other. There were 34 middle schools competing. He's qualified for state in April. Of course, being a goof ball like his dad, during the intermission between competition and awards ceremony, he thought it would be a good idea to roll down a muddy hill with some of the other geeks (um, I mean boys). His mother was not amused.

Brag #2 - I was involved in a cut throat game of scrabble last night with a couple of high school teachers, the library director and a successful businessman. We were supposed to play in couples, but I had to play alone since my partner suddenly fell ill. I got the snot kicked out of me the first time we played and the librarian has been hosting these parties every Sunday for the past 7 years. Anyway, I managed to beat the lot.... key words (qat, ferret, pariah, gone (the "n" finished the word ne and the "o" finished the word fox), and delist). I accepted the triumph with complete humility and a pint of Heiniken.

BRAG AWAY PEOPLE !!!!

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I changed the oil in my 1999 Toyota pickup on Saturday and spilled nary a drop on the garage floor.

I won a chili cookoff once with my famous red chili. Now I have plans to enter that and my green chili into more serious chili competitions.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Jan 2006
    We had a bunch of nieces and nephews show up unexpectedly yesterday and I managed to hide all the good snacks before they found them.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    What a great thread, because it gives me yet another opportunity to point out that my son is the smartest and best-looking kid ever. We went to our second parent teacher meetingand the teacher said my son was performing well above the benchmarks and in fact she was pairing him with some of the students who were not doing as well to help them. He prefers we call him "Dr. Bryce."

He is well on his way of being the first astronomer/doctor/policeman/spy/musician/superhero of this century.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Mar 2006
    My daughter's daycare provider, who has been running her in-home daycare for 14 years, through dozens of kids, told me that my daughter is the smartest 2 1/2 year old she's seen. She said she knows her alphabet better than some kids when they enter kindergarten. And her vocabulary is better than any 2 1/2 year old she's been around. I'm so proud. And last week she started counting her stickers in Spanish, just out of the blue. I know she picked it up from Dora and Diego, but I was still happily surprised to hear it.

Now I just wish she'd start using the potty .

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    ....in fact she was pairing him with some of the students who were not doing as well to help them.
    Yep, my son was teaching other kids in his early elementary school days. The teachers would remark on his patience in explaining things to others and listening to others read to him.

cch, my son properly used the work "skeptical" when he was 4 years old. I had to pull the vehicle over and laugh my arse off. It was so funny - particularly since it was in reference to my X being habitually late.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Budgie View post
    Yep, my son was teaching other kids in his early elementary school days. The teachers would remark on his patience in explaining things to others and listening to others read to him.
    My daughter is frequently called upon by her friends to do the same thing, even those that are in a different class. Report card last week was straight A's. She's a down to earth kid though.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2005
    my cat got her head stuck in the handle of a plastic bag yesterday. she then thought the bag was "chasing" her. havoc ensued.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    I am taking my first grad class and just got my midterm grade back -- 100% -- thank you very much. (Ok, so it's a class in Land Use Law, but still ... I should be able to brag a bit!)
    How do I know you are who you think you are?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    say does anyone follow cycling? if you do, there is a new kid on the US Cycling Development Team U23 team, Namely, my nephew!!! From Colorado now in full throttle racing scene, traveling and putting in teh road miles...

GO KT!
    what is the purpose within
    if not to reach the cluBBe
    herein it remains contained
    let the journey of the words begin

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I made pork fried rice last night... It was the best ever.

People all over town are on my "leftover list" to get my cooking! Aside from fried rice, a few of my specialies are garlic mashed poatoes, pork BBQ, and split pea soup. I'm going to do a nice salmon chowder later...

Oh, and if you're really special, you get one of my famous steaks. Don't even ask for a recipe... it's secret.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Jen View post
    say does anyone follow cycling? if you do, there is a new kid on the US Cycling Development Team U23 team, Namely, my nephew!!! From Colorado now in full throttle racing scene, traveling and putting in teh road miles...

GO KT!
    They'll be some smack talk going on when he runs into the symetrics boys then.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    my cat got her head stuck in the handle of a plastic bag yesterday. she then thought the bag was "chasing" her. havoc ensued.
    What are you bragging about?

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff View post
    I made pork fried rice last night... It was the best ever.

People all over town are on my "leftover list" to get my cooking! Aside from fried rice, a few of my specialies are garlic mashed poatoes, pork BBQ, and split pea soup. I'm going to do a nice salmon chowder later...

Oh, and if you're really special, you get one of my famous steaks. Don't even ask for a recipe... it's secret.
    last week i made english toffee and peppermint patties for my department. everyone loved them. they were all gone within an hour.

mastiff- maybe you can i can team up and start a catering business. we can call our business "Planning for Food" or something much more creative.

Quote Originally posted by Budgie View post
    What are you bragging about?
    i obviously have the toughest smartest cat ever. (since i don't have any kids to brag about i figured i go with the cat.)
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Bragabeareeo

Any brags I have I already yakked on about in other threads. I will mention just a couple, for those who have not been following the bouncing ball.....

Lovely and caring wife, very supportive (especially in time of need). I am bragging about my luck.
    Wonderful son and his family. (They are now in Portland, OR, and we miss them.)
    Great outside jump shot on the basketball court, even at my age. (Makes up for lousy inside game.)
    Master spreadsheet maker. (Geek.)
    Created the largest and most complete (probably) fake city ever.
    Yummy chili, chicken soup, "Yooper" cookies.

Question: Is it bragging to successfully stay sane even though married four times?

Bear

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    LOL...this happened to my kitty a few years back when she was a wee kitten. It was impossible to try and catch her to calm her down. There is now a rule in the house that no plastic bags get left out for any period of time! So I guess my brag is that I have the fastest cat EVER!!!

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol;370381

[B
    mastiff[/B]- maybe you can i can team up and start a catering business. we can call our business "Planning for Food" or something much more creative.
    You coming here, am I going there... or are we meeting at Jax's place?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

     
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff View post
    You coming here, am I going there... or are we meeting at Jax's place?
    My place will be fine

I guess I will brag about my 9 year old...brought home his progress report (3rd grade) and I am getting a little tired of seeing all these A's!!!!!
    I don't think I have ever even seen his homework.....now if we can just keep it up another nine years!!!!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    By aroma and taste, I can tell if the grapes for a wine were grown in Napa or Sonoma county. In the case of Sonoma County, I can often identify the valley where they were grown: Dry Creek, Alexander, Russian River, or Sonoma. They blend them (and they do), all bets are off.

I can make fart noises with the palm of my hand behind my left knee.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Just got word that Mac will probably be used in a new print ad for a company in NYC.

Budgie, congrats to your son! Can't wait to hear what he does at state. Also, great idea for post padding.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    By aroma and taste, I can tell if the grapes for a wine were grown in Napa or Sonoma county. In the case of Sonoma County, I can often identify the valley where they were grown: Dry Creek, Alexander, Russian River, or Sonoma. They blend them (and they do), all bets are off.

I can make fart noises with the palm of my hand behind my left knee.
    By aroma, I can tell if RJ's farts were produced by his ass or his left knee.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    By aroma, I can tell if RJ's farts were produced by his ass or his left knee.
    SAW -
    Now that is some KSA (knowledge, skill & ability) to brag about.
    I am impressed.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    Weighing a hefty 60 pounds more than I did 10 years ago and a good size spare 'round my midsection, I can still dunk a basketball with some authority.

I once made the kessel run in under 12 parsecs.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    I can brag about not having anything to brag about and I will not brag about it because then I would have something to brag about...

sorry for the headaches...

Registered
    May 2004
    Nice thread. It gives me the opportunity to tell you all that I skied the deepest powder of my life yesterday!! It was incredible!!!

Also I am also becoming quite good at Madden 2007 on the computer.

Edited to add that if true - RJ's claim is quite amazing.
    Last edited by imaplanner; 26 Feb 2007 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Wow

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING Joy Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 01 May 2013, 9:39 AM
  2. The NEVERENDING FML thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 44
    Last post: 21 Apr 2013, 8:40 PM