Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Shout out from Columbia University in NYC!

Shout out from Columbia University in NYC!

Hello everyone,

I am finishing my 1st semester of grad school in Urban Planning. It is so great to have a channel for communication with you! I am concentrating on the socioeconomic aspects of environmental and international planning.
    Does anyone have advice on how I can get an international internship or entry level job? I would really like to work in Sweden to study the progressive action there. I then want to work in developing countries and their relationships with wealthy, industrialized ones.

Caroline

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! I cannot help on the internship, but please join in on the conversations... the student forum and career forum should be helpful.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 7
    Last post: 18 Apr 2013, 12:12 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 23 Feb 2009, 4:33 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last post: 03 Dec 2008, 10:59 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last post: 26 Feb 2007, 2:45 PM
  5. Eminent domain abuse by Columbia University?
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 17 Jan 2007, 12:24 PM