Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Job in planning while studying

Registered
    Nov 2010

Job in planning while studying

I just finished my first semester in graduate school. I am specializing in community development. I also work full-time. I don't come from a planning/community development background. I was wondering how does one get a paying entry-level job in community development/planning with no real experience or degree (yet)?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Kuyabri View post
    I just finished my first semester in graduate school. I am specializing in community development. I also work full-time. I don't come from a planning/community development background. I was wondering how does one get a paying entry-level job in community development/planning with no real experience or degree (yet)?
    Just like all the other graduates in the past 2-3 years: work whatever job you can get, and in the meantime fill out a million applications, be prepared to move wherever on the planet will hire you, when you somehow get an interview, be utterly prepared for it, and don't take it personally if you don't get the job. Lather, rinse, repeat until employed. Get whatever projects you can in school. Make tons of connections and expand your network exponentially.

Merry Christmas after all that.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 25 Jul 2013, 6:48 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 02 Jan 2013, 4:26 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last post: 02 Sep 2011, 5:47 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last post: 05 Jun 2010, 3:46 AM
  5. Studying for tests