Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Urban planning with civil engineering background?

Registered
    Oct 2013

Urban planning with civil engineering background?

can u get into urban planning masters with civil engineering undergrad?? i am really interested in this.. do i need architectural portfolios?? or any other requirements??

Registered
    Aug 2010
    Yes its possible. I have both. All I needed was proof that I met the minimum GPA requirements for grad school.

Registered
    Oct 2013
    i am an international student applying for urban planning..could u help me out with a few doubts?? how are the job opportunities?? and what are good universities for this bracnh?? i have a GPA of 2.5 till my 3rd year of engineering.

Registered
    Aug 2010
    The job opportunities for civil engineers are pretty good in the U.S. The opportunities for planners is not as good, but improving. With your GPA though, you may have a difficult time getting accepting into the top graduate programs. If you are accepted, you will likely be put on some kind of provisional status to prove you are capable of handling graduate level work. Check out Planetizen's guide for graduate urban planning programs: http://www.planetizen.com/education/planning

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 06 Nov 2013, 6:17 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last post: 22 Jan 2009, 10:57 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 28 May 2008, 11:26 AM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last post: 19 Jul 2006, 4:50 PM
  5. Replies: 57
    Last post: 07 Mar 2006, 3:15 PM