Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: London Plan strategy

Registered
    Aug 2009

London Plan strategy

Hi all

I am currently coursing a Diploma in Town and Country Planning and find myself working on one of this term assignments, the Spatial Development Strategy for Greater London or London Plan. My degree is in architecture and I am not very familiar with the British policy system as I am from Spain. I wonder if you could briefly give me a light with this document I got across. Is part of the planning advisory service website in respect to the changes in council governance:

Working with the Local Strategic Partnership

In addition to these changes to internal working arrangements, there has also been a shift in the way local authorities work with their partners.
    The local authority retains legal responsibilities for its work but it is now the LSP (Local Strategic Partnership) that takes responsibility for the relationships between and performance of local bodies within the area. These changes came in the 2007 Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act. The implications of these changes are significant for the local authority. LSPs in many areas are developing ways in which a more integrated approach to local delivery can be undertaken.

Do you find this as a way from the central government or GLA and the City Hall to restrict or control the autonomy of local authorities and has this position changed significantly with Boris Johnsonís administration?

I thank you all for your help beforehand

Sandoca

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moderator note:
    Moved from the former Planning in the UK forum.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 17 Aug 2008, 4:07 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 15 Sep 2006, 12:14 AM
  3. Replies: 86
    Last post: 13 Jul 2005, 9:02 AM
  4. (London, UK) Shock toll plan for M4
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 02 Apr 2004, 2:12 PM