Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 11 of 322 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 6 (2011)

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Gah. I promised myself that I would not eat any chocolate today and what do I see as I walk into the office? A brand new Whitman's Sampler. I love those things!

Must...resist...

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Gah. I promised myself that I would not eat any chocolate today and what do I see as I walk into the office? A brand new Whitman's Sampler. I love those things!

Must...resist...
    You can have one piece. You don't have to fit in that wedding dress anymore...
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003

Must...resist...
    Resistance is Futile.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    You can have one piece. You don't have to fit in that wedding dress anymore...
    There you go. No need to bait the hook any longer. The fish is already in the boat.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    There you go. No need to bait the hook any longer. The fish is already in the boat.
    yep, now that you got that rock on your finger, you no longer have to put your best foot forward. Time to let hubby know the honeymoon is over. It's perfectly acceptable now to wear sweats all the time, to 'have a headache' every night, enjoy third helpings of chocolate mousse, break wind whenever/wherever the urge arises, quit your job and watch daytime tv.... it's all about your comfort now.

Registered
    Jun 2007
    The leadership of a certain community near the town I work for needs to pull their heads out of their butts.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    yep, now that you got that rock on your finger, you no longer have to put your best foot forward. Time to let hubby know the honeymoon is over. It's perfectly acceptable now to wear sweats all the time, to 'have a headache' every night, enjoy third helpings of chocolate mousse, break wind whenever/wherever the urge arises, quit your job and watch daytime tv.... it's all about your comfort now.

Well that isn't too far off from the current situation...

However, there is still the official honeymoon in June and I want to look good in the pictures.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    However, there is still the official honeymoon in June and I want to look good in the pictures.
    Suit yourself. That just means youre going to have to play a lot of catch up afterwards in the letting yourself go department.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    We'll be waiting for the pictures.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    We'll be waiting for the pictures.

Those kinds of pictures are specifically reserved for the Hubby.

Because our Canadian friends work so hard, there'll be no Money for Nothing anymore henceforth and forever.

On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Here is what I hate about phones that preserve the number of the person who just called - you call someone and you get the voicemail. Then you realize you misdialed. Okay. Happens. So you go back to check the number.

But before you can make the call, you get a call from the person you mistakenly called wanting to know who you are and why you called.

Here is the thing, mister or ma'am. I didn't leave a message because I didn't want to talk to you. Now I am talking to you. That sort of defeats the purpose of me not leaving the message.

Okay, you got me. I made a mistake dialing. Now I have to apologize for it. I really didn't waste any of your time. But you decided to waste some of mine.

I am an adult. I understand how telephones and answering machines and voice mail works. You call and the machine picks it up. If it is worthwhile, you leave a message. If not, you don't. Personally, I like it when they don't leave the message - dodge that phone call and the need to return it. Whew!

Fact of the matter is I probably really didn't even want to talk to the person I meant to call, but I had to. I really, really, really didn't want to talk to you either.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    But before you can make the call, you get a call from the person you mistakenly called wanting to know who you are and why you called.

Here is the thing, mister or ma'am. I didn't leave a message because I didn't want to talk to you. Now I am talking to you. That sort of defeats the purpose of me not leaving the message.
    There's also this variant. You call the correct number, get the voicemail, and leave a detailed message. Almost immediately, they call you and ask what you wanted. You explain that you had left them a message and they say "Oh, I never listen to my messages, it's a lot easier to just call". (*(^*&%^$##^%%!

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    There's also this variant. You call the correct number, get the voicemail, and leave a detailed message. Almost immediately, they call you and ask what you wanted. You explain that you had left them a message and they say "Oh, I never listen to my messages, it's a lot easier to just call". (*(^*&%^$##^%%!
    uuuuh.....guilty.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    uuuuh.....guilty.
    Yeah, I do that all the time too. Typically only family and friends I talk to regularly though.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Jun 2007
    I don't remember how to check the messages on my phone, nor my password. Luckily no one ever calls me.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I really like the randomness and chaos that has ensued with the question thread...

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    I really like the randomness and chaos that has ensued with the question thread...
    I bet you like a good pillowfight during a family spaghetti dinner, too huh? You can have chaos like that at my house like every Tuesday or so.....
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I bet you like a good pillowfight during a family spaghetti dinner, too huh? You can have chaos like that at my house like every Tuesday or so.....
    Yes, to the dismay of my husband, I do tend to do stuff like having tickle time right at bedtime kind of thing...

Registered
    May 2004
    uuuuh.....guilty.
    Me too. I despise listening to long winded phone messages. Ofos? Are you a long winded phone messenger?

Why should I have to listen to a 2 minute long message about all the reasons why you might possibly be curious about the zoning of a piece of property? Its freaking residential. Make your point, leave your number and get off my dam voice mail

Yes, to the dismay of my husband, I do tend to do stuff like having tickle time right at bedtime kind of thing...
    Husbands should never be dismayed about tickle time in bed.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    .....tickle time right at bedtime kind of thing...
    Sorta kinky. I like that in a woman.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    ha - should have said with the kiddies - too funny - but yeah him too, and to his dismay - oh well

Registered
    Nov 2009

where do they come up with this stuff?

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    Who really needs a gallon ?

NO secret santa gift ideas here, nothing to see, please move along.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    Me too. I despise listening to long winded phone messages. Ofos? Are you a long winded phone messenger?

Why should I have to listen to a 2 minute long message about all the reasons why you might possibly be curious about the zoning of a piece of property? Its freaking residential. Make your point, leave your number and get off my dam voice mail
    Did you know that you don't have to listen to the whole message before you hit delete? Think that your time is more important than mine? Public service isn't part of your job description?

Closed thread
Page 11 of 322 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 9326
    Last post: 31 Dec 2012, 8:06 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM