Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 50 of 322 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 8034

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread Of Their Own 6 (2011)

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by CPSURaf View post
    And he doesn't even live there... Serious, as a resident, he is giving the town a brown mark...and not in a good smelly way brown mark.
    Oh Mr. One Trick Pony/I Don't Really Want Your Advice is at it again?

Received my Explanation of Benefits statement for my recent surgery. My share $4,200 after the insurance paid. I love our health care system in this country
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Hink_Planner View post
    At what point does a poster become a one trick pony? I am just extremely tired of reading about a certain city... SERIOUSLY tired of it. 10 of 17 posts in one thread from the same poster, about the same topic.... AHHH. I can only take so much.
    Those posts make me want to flood that forum with similarly titled threads but substituting the most bland metro-Detroit suburb that I could.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by TerraSapient View post
    RJ, how did your lotto gamble turn out? Monkey Wife and I will be on Maui in 24 days! Stopping in Kihei, then diving Molokini Crater, then onto Waianapanapa and Hana. A quick and packed 3 weekend. Should I expect to see you and Zoning Goddess?
    No, I didn't hit the lottery so we're stuck in Florida. Molokini is a great dive spot. I'm jealous. On your way to Hana, will you and MW be stopping at the Seven Sacred Pools to skinny dip?
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Mar 2002
    While earning my bona fide mermaid certificate this weekend, I had the great pleasure of swimming with several honu (Hawaiian green sea turtles), puhi (moray eels), he`e (octopus), a pod of nai'a (spinner dolphins), not to mention countless fishy friends. Being a mermaid rocks. I think I could do that for a living.
    You remind me of the best consulting project I ever had. It was almost a living. I was to determine whether the dive boats (and whale watching boats) at Maui were engaged in humpback whale harassment. It involved going out on dive boats to see what they did when whales were around. So as not to blow my cover I had to dive and dive and dive and dive. Molokini and elsewhere. Hated that. All the creatures you mentioned plus a manta ray and sharks.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    No, I didn't hit the lottery so we're stuck in Florida. Molokini is a great dive spot. I'm jealous. On your way to Hana, will you and MW be stopping at the Seven Sacred Pools to skinny dip?
    Yes! Well, we will be swimming anyway

Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    You remind me of the best consulting project I ever had. It was almost a living. I was to determine whether the dive boats (and whale watching boats) at Maui were engaged in humpback whale harassment. It involved going out on dive boats to see what they did when whales were around. So as not to blow my cover I had to dive and dive and dive and dive. Molokini and elsewhere. Hated that. All the creatures you mentioned plus a manta ray and sharks.
    I want that job! Now to find funding...

Registered
    Mar 2004
    That would be an utter travesty
    Udderly horrible spelling moment there, I see....

(Milking this one for all that it's worth!)

Mike

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Yes! Well, we will be swimming anyway ...
    I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Seen on a site plan:

LMAO. That's the funniest thing I've seen all day.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    My prayers have been answered!

The regional manager of international commerce at the National Bank of Ghana has emailed me to let me know that he has $11,500,000 waiting for me!

He sent this notification to my office email address so I know it must be legitimate!
    What a coincidence I got a notice like that from the Prince of Nigeria!
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally posted by DetroitPlanner View post
    What a coincidence I got a notice like that from the Prince of Nigeria!
    What a coincidence me too!!!

Now I just have to find out where Nigeria is on a map...
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Those posts make me want to flood that forum with similarly titled threads but substituting the most bland metro-Detroit suburb that I could.
    It makes me want to spam them with more pointless drivel, but I know I can't compete with him.... so I won't. I think it just makes our cities and places forum look bad to a newbie.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Huh?

What's the deal with the job posted by Dandy?

Director - Southern Tier East Regional Planning Development Board - Binghamton, NY

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
    A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college of university with a Bachelor’s Degree in planning or related field such as architecture, engineering, geography, public administration or social science and 10 years of experience in state, regional or local planning; OR
    B) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State Registered college or university with a Master’s Degree in planning or related field such as architecture, engineering, geography, public administration or social science and 6 years of experience in state, regional or local planning;

Requiring graduation from a New York College/University or Regionally accredited school? I thought that place loved carpetbaggers???
    "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    John Kenneth Galbraith

Registered
    May 2005
    My staff planner put in her 3-weeks notice last week. Building Department secretary retired abruptly yesterday. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    My staff planner put in her 3-weeks notice last week
    Paging illinoisplanner, paging illinoisplanner....
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    My staff planner put in her 3-weeks notice last week. Building Department secretary retired abruptly yesterday. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.
    Did you get 2 weeks from the secretary? Good luck. We have been hiring two positions (Zoning Inspector and Zoning Secretary) over the past months and we have received over 250 apps for each...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moderator note:
    It makes me want to spam them with more pointless drivel, but I know I can't compete with him.... so I won't. I think it just makes our cities and places forum look bad to a newbie.
    Quote Originally posted by kjelsadek View post
    Oh Mr. One Trick Pony/I Don't Really Want Your Advice is at it again?
    And he doesn't even live there... Serious, as a resident, he is giving the town a brown mark...and not in a good smelly way brown mark.
    We issued a warning to lay off of his favorite topic until the end of the month, for his own sake. I sympathize with the snark, but let's give him a break for a bit.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    May 2004
    uh oh. Abrupt resignations? Are you that bad of a boss?
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    uh oh. Abrupt resignations? Are you that bad of a boss?
    Separate departments actually. But the vacancies may result in a merging, which is going to ruffle feathers in the short term, but will hopefully prove beneficial in the long term. And I've been asked for my "wisdom" in how this plays out. Due they want the truth, or the easy way out?
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Seen on a site plan:

Bessie finally got outside the fence. RIP.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Bessie finally got outside the fence. RIP.
    Conversely - Look what happened when Bessie finally got outside the fence.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2005
    Conversely - Look what happened when Bessie finally got outside the fence.
    Wouldn't it just make more sense to move Bessie's remains to the "Large Animal Isolation Facility"?

Registered
    Feb 2002
    I am incredibly cranky and unmotivated lately. Things are going pretty good, so I don't know what my problem is...

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner View post
    I am incredibly cranky and unmotivated lately. Things are going pretty good, so I don't know what my problem is...
    Join the club! I think the anticipation of spring and summer has something to do with it in my case.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner View post
    I can take a guess, but that might be considered sexual harassment from my chair..
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    May 2005
    I can take a guess, but that might be considered sexual harassment from my chair..
    My mind went there as well. Boys will be boys.

Closed thread
Page 50 of 322 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 9326
    Last post: 31 Dec 2012, 8:06 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141