Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Planning internships/volunteer work in SF Bay area

Registered
    Jul 2010

Planning internships/volunteer work in SF Bay area

I'm considering making a move to the San Francisco area after graduating from undergrad in August. The main reason for the move is mainly a need for change in scenery, San Francisco is a great place, and I figure there may be no better time in my life to do such a thing.

At any rate, I was hoping to find some sort of internship or volunteer work in community development/planning, as I plan on heading to grad school in the next few years. I've done a bit of looking around, and the only organization that I have been able to find is Livable City. I would assume that there would be a number of other organizations out there, but I can't seem to find any.

Anyone here have suggestions about places to look or know of any organizations themselves? Thanks in advance for any tips you all have to put forward.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    The City of San Francisco offers an internship program, but its deadline is Jan 31st. As a former intern there through this program, I highly suggest you apply prior to the deadline. It offers a decent wage and possible continuation of work after the summer ends, provided you are in school.

Other than that, good luck with finding a paid internship, not many places are looking and or hiring.
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Jul 2010
    Thanks for the heads up about the SF city internship! I got my application materials in about a week or so before the deadline. We'll see if anything pans out...

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 20 Jun 2011, 4:27 PM
  2. Bay Area urban issues volunteer opportunities
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 13 May 2011, 12:59 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last post: 10 Jul 2009, 12:18 AM
  4. Volunteer work
    Friday Afternoon Club