What's a desk?
What's a desk?
"He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16
1. Open Land Use Files monitoring report
2. Latest JAPA
3. Book: "Nathaniel's Nutmeg"
4. Briefing book from last night's CC meeting
5. Two "in boxes" of misc stuff I have to act on
6. Copy of a March 8, 2010 memo to the CC
7. Short stack of stuff I have to act on soon
8. Pencil/pen cup with scissors and magnifying glass
12. Memo pad
13. Business card holder
14. My other glasses
15. Glass medallion from Jamestown, VA
16. Carved stone owl from Zimbabwe
17. Carved stone owl from the Dominican republic
18. Wooden tree carving (gift from staff)
19. Carved stone smiling bhudda from Vietnam (how times have changed)
20. A striped stone from where the city gets its water
21. A "perfect" round green rock from the beach
22. Mouse and pad
23. Paper drinking cup
Ojn adjacent filing cabinet:
3. Tape dispenser
5. Photo of Mrs. Otis
My list sounded like a lot until I realized I don't have drawers. Its a nice desk. Its a big desk. I use one whole side of it and can lay out full sets of plans. But it has no drawers. Thus the Staples inventory on top of it....
lap top and a sleeping cat
He is probably using his time better than me
The usual mess of papers that I am working on, those that should've been filed, and those that could be recycled.
3. Mouse and ergonomic mousepad
4. Stylish Karlsson clock (gift)
5. Can of "Whoopass" energy drink (still waiting to unleash it)
6. Assorted oddly shaped stress balls
7. Hole puncher
9. Pen organizer/notepad holder
10. Business card holder w/ business cards
11. Employee nametag
12. Stacked inboxes and outboxes with assorted papers
14. Phone book
15. Personal organizer
16. Some file folders
17. Silk from Chinese visitors (small gift)
18. Small lumber truck model (conference schwag)
19. Funny office blocks
20. Funny lamp
21. Computer speakers
22. Cool maginifying glass (more conference schwag)
I just realized I have way too much stuff on my desk.
"When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins
Printer. (On stand, above next item)
Laptop. (For playing Civ II 'cause it doesn't work with Win7)
Radiohead CD - OK Computer
Frank Zappa & The Mothers Of Invention CD - Fillmore East - June, 1971
Lawyer's paperwork for Katie's deceased brother's van.
Pittsburgh Steelers mouse pad.
Couple work-related sticky notes.
Plastic thingy that holds a pencil, couple hi-liters, and scissors.
Picture I took of the Mackinac Bridge.
Plastic thingy that holds paper clips.
"Cancer survivor" medal.
It's a mess. I know.
I'm getting tired of posting images.... I can't seem to get it right.
Last edited by Richmond Jake; 16 Dec 2012 at 12:37 PM.