Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: The importance of undergrad GPA to grad schools [Was: Last year's accepted grad students - planning]

Registered
    Jan 2011

The importance of undergrad GPA to grad schools [Was: Last year's accepted grad students - planning]

This is my first year applying to grad school and I'm just wondering if I'm getting my hopes up for nothing. I've applied to Ryerson, U of T, U of Manitoba and Dalhousie for a Master's in Planning. My GPA is 3.76/4.3. To last year's successful applicants, what was your GPA? Or what do you think got you in there?

Moderator note:
    ~Gedunker
    Thread titles in the Professional Forums -- of which the Student Lounge is part -- should be descriptive. Thread title edited. Carry on.
    Last edited by Gedunker; 28 Jan 2011 at 1:02 PM.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2007
    That GPA is great. Don't worry about that aspect. You should be more concerned with how your other experiences (volunteer and professional) compare.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2010
    GPA plays a big factor for many schools. I know Ryerson last year, due to such a large volume of applicants, was only looking at students with a 3.5 GPA.

You are fine GPA wise, but it doesn't hurt to have practical work experience/internships on your CV as well.

Registered
    Jan 2011
    Ok, good to know my GPA is strong enough to at least be considered. I don't have much in the way of experience other then academic. Here's hoping!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 16 Mar 2010, 9:16 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 26 May 2009, 12:24 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 27 Jan 2009, 2:35 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last post: 11 Mar 2008, 2:29 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last post: 29 May 2007, 10:17 AM