Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Shapefile resources

Registered
    Mar 2007

Shapefile resources

I am looking for a couple very basic polygon shapefiles. One with oceans (specifically the Atlantic Ocean) and one that has the St. Lawrence Seaway/River. The projection is not so important (I can always adjust those to meet my needs later). Does anybody have a good source for these?

I thought those real basic types of shapefiles used to be included in the ESRI software but either it isn't anymore or we just don't have it in our office.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Jul 2010

Try this

You may have already checked this, but just in case: http://gos2.geodata.gov/wps/portal/g...lVRS82X0tfNEFF.

I had the same trouble -- needed Pacific Ocean shapefiles -- and found it here. Not intuitive, but it should be there. Good luck.

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Are you using 10 yet WSU?

You can download data directly from arcgis.com now in the resource center. The world topographic map resource center probably has exactly the files you need. If not, you can browse the resource center from there.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. San Diego Resources?
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 22 May 2013, 2:37 AM
  2. Map resources
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 28 Sep 2012, 10:56 AM
  3. Sites and resources
    Student Commons