Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Bachelors degree studies???

Registered
    Feb 2011

Bachelors degree studies???

Hello everyone!

As you may guess I'm new here and I would really appreciate your advice, since i have no idea about these kind of things. I have already got 2 conditional offers, one from Uni Manchester and the other from Heriot Watt and both of them seem easily attainable to me. Frankly I am quite surprised that both of them were so incredibly low, that I could actually get accepted easily with my current marks. Therefore I hope and predict that the other schools I applied to, which are Sheffield, Liverpool and B'ham wouldn't place very harsh conditionals as well.
    The current dilemma is that Manchester is certainly a really big name in world (the prestigious QS World rankings), however Times and Guardian don't seem to value Manchester that much and even place Heriot Watt in similar ranking, so I guess it all depends a lot on the department. Don't know that much about the other universities, because I have to get attainable offers first. But in case if I have attainable offers in all universities, which one of those would you suggest most? And which one would you say is better for career prospects between the two- Heriot Watt or Manchester?

Thank you in advance!!

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moderator note:
    Moved from the former Planning in the UK forum.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Job with bachelors degree?
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 21 Feb 2010, 12:36 AM
  2. Bachelors degree advice
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 24 Jul 2007, 12:37 AM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last post: 28 Dec 2004, 5:19 PM